JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

does order matter?

*mimi*

Does the order in which writing credits are listed on an album relevant? I'll take Jay-z for an example. Just say it was listed as (k.west, t. jones, s.carter...) and it was Jay z's song. Does that mean Kanye did more of the writing for the song than Jay? B/c some idiot was sayin that his friend works at a music store and saw Will's name listed like 3rd instead of first, and that Will probably didn't write most of his lyrics. If ya'll have examples of rappers not listed as first on writing credits for the OWN song, can ya'll let me know. I wanna prove that bastard wrong. Thanks...

Hold on let me go through my 200+ album collection real fast and I'll get back to you. :kekeke:

Edited by bigted

I was just jokin' around there, I'm not seriously going through my collection, I don't think it matters, the wording on all album credits are different though on each album, but if it says written by: the artist's name should come 1st following with the producer and/or co-writers if any, and then the names of any people that they sampled comes finally, sometimes though on album credits it doesn't say written by, so that means it go in any order if you see names in just parenthesis.

I'll give a quick example if you don't understand what I just said, let's say I was a producer and I produced a song for Will Smith and we sampled a James Brown song, the order would go like this:

Written By Will Smith, Gracia Miller Jr.(that's my real name), James Brown

Or it could be like in any order like this(G.Miller Jr., J. Brown, W. Smith)

Edited by bigted