JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Lil Kim going to jail?

Angel Amor

Latifah release a rap album was right after she did Bring Down tha House. Then later she release the Dana Owens album but that was like jazz , its cool. It would be nice to see her come out with a rap album. Same thing goes for Salt n Pepa , MC Lyte, and Yoyo. :angel:

I actually like Foxy Brown. Have u heard LL Cool J's "I Shot Ya" remix? She can write some ill stuff and spit a crazy verse. I loved her 1st album. But then 1999's Chyna Doll waz pretty bad, it reminded me of Lil' Kim's stuff. She changed her flow (which waz awful) and half of the songs just didn't mean much 2 me. People always put her and Lil' Kim against each other which made most people throw them in the same category. Her 2001 Broken Silence album waz a step back in the right direction.

You can't front on Foxy Brown, I heard she's working on a new album that's gonna have KRS-ONE(he actually gave Foxy Brown props on one of his songs: "I'm hot and foxy like the "Ill Na Na"/whoever you think is hot I'm hotter) and Luther Vandross on it, now those legends don't collaborate with everyone, so that says that she does have skills and her 1996 album "Ill Na Na" is actually more of a classic in my opinion than "Reasonable Doubt" was and she outshined Jay-Z when they collaborated and that's when Jay-Z was dope.

• Admin

yes i can front on foxy brown..she cant rap for ****! she did a live show once and was booed off the stage..she cant rap for real..all her lyrics are written by other people and she can only flow in the studio..**** her ill na na!

yes i can front on foxy brown..she cant rap for ****! she did a live show once and was booed off the stage..she cant rap for real..all her lyrics are written by other people and she can only flow in the studio..**** her ill na na!

Well I wouldn't say that she's a hip-hop legend but her stuff is more bearable to listen to than mostly anything out now, I wouldn't be upset if she sold more albums than Eminem, look at the state of hip-hop right now on a mainstream level, Kanye West wins 4 Grammys and goes double platinum, having more success than Common and Nas ever had who've been making dope albums for over 10 years, when he hasn't even wrote rhymes until he got into a car accident 2.5 years ago, he was a producer, he said it himself many times, that accident inspired him to rap, I've been even writing rhymes longer than him, he was signed as a producer not as a rapper, and you mean to tell me that Foxy Brown can't compete with that? :hilarious: I ain't trying to offend those that like Kanye West, I like that he's rappin' more deeper than most commercial artists, but not in any means do I consider him one of the best mcs now, he's one hell of a producer though, I ain't no hater, I'm just puttin' things in perspective.

People don't really talk about female mcs at all though really, not even Queen Latifah gets mentioned much when people talk about hip-hop legends, even though I consider her one of the best mcs period just from hearin' her greatest hits album. I'm sure not too many are dissin' her though, she got a nice flow, Lil' Kim has no flow at all, I don't know why FP would ever collaborate with her, that's the worst move of his rappin' career in my opinion

To those who doubt Foxy Brown's skills check this verse from "Affirmative Action" on Nas' "It Was Written" album:

"In the black Camaro

Firm deep all my n----z hail the blackest sparrow

Wallabee's be the apparel

Through the darkest tunnel, I got visions of multimillions

in the biggest bundle, in the Lex pushed by my n---- Jungle

He money bags got Moet, Sean Don

Bundle of sixty-two, they ain't got a clue what we about to do

My whole team we s----n hard like Czar

Sosa, Foxy Brown, Cormega, and Escobar

I keep a fat marquis piece, laced in all the illest snake skin

Armani sweaters Carolina Hebrera

Be The Firm baby, from BK to the 'Bridge

My n---- Wiz, operation Firm Biz, so what the deal is

I keep a phat jew-el, sippin Crist-ies

Sittin on top of fifty grand in the Nautica Van, uhh!

We stay incogni' like all them thug n----z in Marcy

The Gods, they praise Allah with visions of Gandhi

Bet it on, my whole crew is Don Juan

On Cayman Island with a case of Cristal and Papa Chula spoke

Nigga with them Cubans that snort coke

Raw though, an ounce mixed wit leak that's pure though

Flippin the bigger picture, the bigger n---- with the cheddar

Was mad dripper, he had a f-----n villa in Manilla

We got to flee to Panama, but wait it's half and half

Keys is one and two-fifth, so how we flip

Thirty-two grams raw, chop it in half, get sixteen, double it times three

We got forty-eight, which mean a whole lot of cream

Divide the profit by four, subtract it by eight

We back to sixteen, now add the other two that 'Mega bringin through

So let's see, if we flip this other key

Then that's more for me, mad coke and mad leak

Plus a five hundred, cut in half is two-fifty

Now triple that times three, we got three quarters of another ki

The Firm baby, volume one uhh.."

btw, "Pretty Girl Bulls---" is the only song on the Bad Boys II soundtrack I actually liked except for the Mary J. Blidge song, that'd been a nice single for the soundtrack that summer.

Edited by bigted