JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

another dumb "controversy"

*mimi*

Will's clearly just making a point about Grant's ability to create a complex character, one whose actions are sometimes unquestionably bad, but one whom the audience can still relate to. That's called dramatic acting. To insinuate Will is praising violence against women? That's called poor journalism, and borderline libel.

Edited by scyhigh99

:ditto: Anybody how has listen and has seen Will knows that Will does not encourage violence against women. :blabla: It's just a failed report to make Will look bad and to get his name out there as a reporter or whatever the hell he is. :nono:

Edited by Angel Amor

here is that article bagotrasho:

SMITH PRAISES GRANT'S VIOLENCE TOWARDS WOMEN

WILL SMITH has sparked controversy by praising movie legend CARY GRANT's on-screen violence towards women.

Smith has advised fellow actors to study the NORTH BY NORTHWEST star's movie performances, because he admires Grant's ability to attack women, yet still retain the audience's sympathy.

He says, "I studied Cary Grant. I loved how Cary Grant could be aggressive with women.

"I think it was in THE PHILADELPHIA STORY with KATHARINE HEPBURN, in the first scene when she breaks his golf clubs and he realises he can't punch a woman.

"So he grabs her face and knocks her down - which I'm sure had to be shocking in a film, for someone to be that aggressive with a woman but still love them."

this is like those unfair edits on david letterman, where he makes bush say something like "I want to blow up the universe." but it is edited from a few speeches. (i.e. one word is from one speech adn then the second word is from another speech and so on.)