JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

I Robot tops dvd charts

Hero1

• Admin

I, Robot Tops Sales & Rental Charts

Source: The Hollywood Reporter December 22, 2004

20th Century Fox Home Entertainment's I, Robot topped both the sales and rental charts in its first week. The sci-fi thriller sold more than 5 million combined DVD and VHS units in the five days ended December 19, including 2.6 million on its first day alone. It also generated an estimated $13.5 million in consumer rental spending, or 9.3% of its $145 million box office take.

DreamWorks Home Entertainment's Collateral debuted as the nation's second-best-renting video last week, earning an estimated $13.3 million, or 13.2% of its box office take.

Meanwhile, comedy Napoleon Dynamite sold 60% of its initial shipment during its first day on video store shelves Tuesday. This represented sales of about 1.4 million combined DVD and VHS units. The Fox Searchlight film earned roughly $44 million at the domestic box office

thats good news

btw, i was at blockbuster looking at all the I, Robots on the shelves and a couple of them caught my eye cuz they have a different cover. almost all of them r the cover where u see Will on the cover but there were 3 or so dvds that said I, Robot on them with a cover of just the robots. has anyone else seen this? does it have any features different than the normal one?

One might be the full screen version and one may be the widescreen version. However, i've only seen 1 cover 4 it. FP is on the slipcase around the DVD, when u take it off, u just see a robot (can't remember if it's Sonny) and an army of them behind him. Maybe some of them were in the slipcase and some weren't. I'm not aware different versions here in the US.