JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

C + C MUSIC FACTORY

JumpinJack AJ

I waz goin' thru' my club music 2nite and i've been listening 2 C + C Music Facotry the last hour or so. I waz wondering if anyone rememebers them. I'm sure the 20-somethings have something 2 say about them since they were EVERYWHERE in the early 90's.

Robert Clivilles and David Cole masterminded the sound my melding Club, Techno, Hip-Hop, Soul, with a dash of Pop and Rock. Street rapper Freedom and R-N-B/Dance singer Zelma Davis (along with the legendary Martha Wash) provided as the perfect vocalist 2 propel the group 2 superstardom dropping hit's like Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now), Here We Go, Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmm.., Just A Touch of Love and then regrouping in the mid-90's for their 2nd album with the hits Do You Wanna Get Funky and I Found Love. I wish their waz club music like this these days...i just think they were amazing.

David Cole died in the mid-90's after some spinal disease. Robbi-Rob kept pushing on by producing 4 others but never got the C + C name off the ground with yet another line up. Freedom dropped a solo album which wazn't that great and flooped, he then shaved his head and went back 2 his original hood 2 regroup and do underground Hip-Hop again, Zelma struggled 2 release a solo album 4 years which ultimatly didn't cause and hype. Robbie-Rob did get out that MVP album which got some decent success last year and produced for Stagga-Lee but politics kept his album from coming out as well.

Anyways, back 2 the good old days. Who waz down with C + C Music Factory back in the day?!

No...no half-naked guys in the videos. Freedom wore tear his shirt off tho'...he had the kinda body u'd wanna show off. "Gonna Make U Sweat" had Zelma lipsyncing 2 Martha Walsh's vocals (which lead 2 a lawsuit), Freedom just ripped his rhymes while C+C played around with the special efx in the video. "Things That Make You Go Hmmmm..." waz probably my favorite. It waz a black and white video that played perfect off the hilarious lyrics 2 the song.

C+C put out quality videos 4 the time. It waz Ace of Base that had fly songs with mad cheezy music videos. :roll: