JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Logic Ft Will Smith - Don’t Be Afraid To Be Different

3 minutes ago, bigted said:

What I really wanna hear is something with jjfp potnas dayne jordan, ke l Spencer,da brakes, and yours truly on the hook haha 

Come on, man. Enjoy it. You've got six posts with negativity, life is too beautiful for that. I'll also point out that those artists he has collaborated with in the past were not of his era either, with the exception of Biz or Slick Rick and a handful of others. He's collaborated with people outside his norm throughout his career and I can't complain about this choice and the messege. Let Will be... different.

Dope track.

Can't forget skillz da rebirth n fuq the list is endless lol I wanna see him do something with Quincy jones ron isley n Eddie levert too while they're still alive

• Admin
12 hours ago, fan 4ever said:

Lyrics of Will's verse.

West Philadelphia born and raised
On the playground is where I... **** all that
Came in the game on my neon fresh
Won the first rap Grammy so I guess I'm blessed
Come off tours, walk on sets
Everybody followin' the trends I set
60 million sold, doin' it different
And my IG poppin' from doing it different
Bad vibrations, I stay distant
RattPack, MSFTS, doin' it different
Fortnite doin' the Carlton dance
Come on, it's just different, man

Love it!! 

The bar for talent in hip hop has lowered severely over the years I remember how many peeps on the board called 50 cent a wack rapper when lost and found was first out

1 hour ago, bigted said:

The bar for talent in hip hop has lowered severely over the years I remember how many peeps on the board called 50 cent a wack rapper when lost and found was first out

What does that have to do with this song? :smiley-think005:

Well in relevance to this song it's a good **** talking song bragging how he's all that but I want some more grown man talk like thoughts on trump and life in general it's good for a warm up but I want a stronger follow-up to lost and found than this after almost after coming here day after day after lost and found dropped my expectation is high

5 hours ago, Hero1 said:

For a feature this is quality Ted- for his album I’m sure he will drop some quality deep stuff. I expect it to come out in June.

You’re expecting an album in June? Do you know something we don’t know? :smiley-think005:

Oddly enough, it’s Will Smith who saves the day, with the oversized, Jeep-beatin’ PSA that is “Don’t Be Afraid to Be Different.” No joke. Take its silvery tones down a notch, and the Logic/Fresh Prince pairing could’ve existed during Smith’s “Parents Just Don’t Understand” phase. From West Philly to the streets of Maryland, this is an east coast balling thrill ride.

source: https://variety.com/2019/music/reviews/logic-confessions-of-a-dangerous-mind-album-review-1203210995/

The first Will Smith feature of 2019! I’m pretty interested. Eh, this hook just doesn’t entice. Wow, Will came in rapping the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme songs. I’ll admit, I would listen to an album about Will Smith’s life in 2019. The charisma is still there. I don’t understand the production decision for this song. It’s a dance tempo, cut the rug music, but nothing about this is crafted for the club. Something chart-topping was left on the cutting room floor. I love the message—it’s an important sentiment—but how are we supposed to catch a groove to this? 

Source: https://djbooth.net/features/2019-05-10-logic-confessions-of-a-dangerous-mind-album-review

And when you have Gucci Mane drawling hilariously about his jewellery on "Icy" ("I'm a human glacier, wrist full of frozen water (Well, damn)") or none other than Will Smith cracking wise about the Fresh Prince theme, then there's little more your haters can do but look on with envy.

Source: http://exclaim.ca/music/article/logic-confessions_of_a_dangerous_mind