JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

AND YA DON'T STOP

2 the average old skool head, it's filled with common knowlege. But 4 those of u who are younger and a fan of old skool...CHECK THIS OUT!! It's great!! It's got the legends telling the story. Kool Herc, DJ AJ, Sugarhill Gang's Wonder Mike, DMC, Russel Simmons, Grand Master Flash, Fresh Prince, MC Lyte, Ice-T (and i'm only half way thru'...this is great.

FP talks about the early fantasy style of Hip-Hop. His hair is short and he's wearing a smooth red shirt with a colorful tags in the background...slightly like the early JJ+FP videos but with less white.

It was on today? :dunno: I guess they're trying to make up for all the time that they don't show hip-hop then but showing everything at once! :kekeke:

VH-1 reruns their stuff kinda often. They just aired it again (now at 2 in the morning)...but if u check online, u can probably find whenever else it airs. There's like a new episode every day this week. I think we can expect 2 see a little FP on every single day. Just by the footage they showed of FP commenting on the pioneering years looks very promising we'll see more of him. U should have seen him talking about the late 70's/early '80's. There waz this twinkle in his eye talking the good old days. It didnt' surprise me, but those who think he's a lil' disconnected from Hip-Hop these days will totally be proved wrong. This is brand new footage and FP is hyped about sharing his experiences and opinions. I think it's safe 2 say he feels the same as most of us. Most of 2days music sux and that there needs 2 be a change.

I'm watching the 3rd episode right now focusing on the 91-94ish era. It's focusing on the uprise of "gangsta" rap from The Chronic. Man, this is takin' me back 2 a crazy time in life. This episode is kinda funny cuz not much of the old skool artists and Hip-Hop historians have much 2 say...it's the same people over and over again. Dr. Dre and Snoop are speaking and they are showing old footage and interviews of the early Deathrow and 2Pac. MC Hammer and Fresh Prince didn't say anything until they started talking about 2Pac. Both of them gave props 2 lyrics 4 how he came up and his lyrics...but other than that, they didn't have anything say. Let's just say "if u ain't got nuttin' nice 2 say...don't say nothin.'" :roll:

Man, i waz just watching the 4th episode where most of it is focused on the East Coast / West Coast feud. Nealry all of it is focused on 2Pac and Biggie. Like the other episodes, it just took me back 2 certain places in my life. I saw most of it and but didn't see any Fresh Prince on this episode. One thing that really stuck me as interesting waz where MC Hammer waz talking about 2Pac's shooting. MC Hammer and 2Pac were friends, and we have yet 2 hear the songs they recorded 2gether, but this is what showed me that they had 2 be pretty close. I knew MC Hammer visisted 2Pac at the hostpital but Hammer said that when he heard rumors of the people coming back 2 finish him off while in the hospital, he said he would repeatedly drive around the hospital checking 4 suspicious activity. That's crazy...that's love. How many emcees or rappers come 2 mind that would look out 4 somebody like that and even put themselves in danger.

Yeah, i hope they air all of them back 2 back one nite. VH-1 is airing tons of related things they've done in the past. They were airing ULTIMATE ALBUM feat. Run-DMC "Raising Hell," Behind The Music:Aaliyah, and so on...so check it. VH-1 Hip-Hop Honors airs this upcomeing Tuesday. I've seen the commercials and it looks dope.

• 5 months later...

Yeah I saw the 1st part shown on Wednesday afternoon I think on VH1, that was such a great series lookin' back on it, I have it on tape.