JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

DJ Jazzy Jeff on Will's current mindset

Hey all. So i just got back home from seeing Jeff and Dayne at the Jazz Cafe last night. The crowd was electric as was Jeff's set. I; gonna put up a couple of videos later of how Dayne is being incorporated in. For the most part he lets Jeff do his ting which is great but Jeff also give Dayne time to get up and show the world what he's about.

Anyway i got to chat with both of them for a solid half hour after the show. Jeff was telling me about how Will has been showing Jeff a lot of stuff he's recorded / written and Jeff is impressed with it. Jeff is more confident now than ever before that now is the right time for Will's return. Jeff's adamant on finding making the right music for this. He's been telling Will he doesn't need a hit single. They spoke about how they're not in it for fame and money but for the love. Will seems focused at the moment. Let's hope shooting Suicide Squad doesn't take him away from the game plan too much.

Also, expect Dayne and Jeff's full length album to drop in July. You won't be dissapointed. Speaking to Dayne you can see why him and Jeff has the chemistry that maybe others Jeff has worked with haven't quite worked out. The two of them together are making magic. Dayne was telling me how in awe he was of Jeff and Will doing the show in Toronto the other week and how the on stage chemistry is for them. Dayne is a humble guy who is just happy to be learning all of this and taking in the experiences.

Yes, this is what we want to hear. Jeff is so right, as much as we'd all (us and Will) for Will to have a hit single, it doesnt matter. Will wants to make music and we want to hear it, end of. Its a good sign Jeff is impressed with his stuff, i think he tells it like it is.

Glad you had a good show, the Jazz cafe really is the best place to see him.

yeah will got nothing left to prove, he don't need anymore hits, like most hip hop heads we just want another classic JJFP album like He's The DJ I'm The Rapper and Code Red

I love that you got to hand out with them.  I kinda figured we all assumed what you were sharing though...lol.  It doesn't really seem like news to me, but I'm happy to hear it.

Great news Kev....glad you got to hang out with them and chat about music. It seems like this year is the year we'll finally hear something new. He spit a new verse over the Clique beat in Toronto so we're on to something! 

This is definitely some great news. I'm looking forward to the Dayne Jordan album too, especially coming off his EP which was spectacular. 

yeah that's great that u were able to get all these thoughts from jeff, it'd be interesting to hear a JJFP and Dayne Jordan collaboration btw as well!

• Admin

yeah that's great that u were able to get all these thoughts from jeff, it'd be interesting to hear a JJFP and Dayne Jordan collaboration btw as well!

I think Dayne's still growing in the game... I just wanna hear Jeff, Will and no one else. Some classic hip hop from 30 year veterans.

well i was referring to putting dayne jordan on a remix but i'm with ya when it comes to the album strictly JJFP like He's The DJ I'm The Rapper