JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

cry baby scousers? of course they are!

Hero1

• Admin
Manchester United were last night forced to remove an astonishing "guide" from their official website telling their supporters to indulge in "Spanish Scouse-baiting" ahead of their Premiership clash with Liverpool at Old Trafford tomorrow, writes Jim Munro.

The attempt at humour, contained in the site’s Fanzone section, was based on the influx of Spanish international players at Anfield this season, but included translations for lyrics in provocative football chants such as "Build a bonfire, build a bonfire, put the Scousers on the top," and "You find a dead rat and you think it’s a treat, in your Liverpool slums."

The Sunday Times received several calls yesterday afternoon from concerned supporters who had read the material on the site. After hearing of some of the lyrics, Les Lawson, chairman of the Merseyside branch of the official Liverpool supporters’ club, said: "It’s disgusting. I would have thought that any sort of literature that appears on an official website, whether in a fans section or not, would not appear without the club’s knowledge. Anything that is to the detriment of another club should certainly not appear. I feel an official apology is in order."

Phil Townsend, Manchester United’s director of communications, said initially last night: "It’s a part of the website that is run by the fans. We do not officially endorse what is said. There is a disclaimer contained on the page." But within 15 minutes, Townsend was back on the phone to confirm: "Most of the items will be off the site by 8pm. There will perhaps be a light-hearted one left on, such as the chant about putting the ball into the net, which hopefully everyone will see the funny side of."

By midnight though, the contentious page remained unaltered. Contained in the Fanzone section of the official website, subtitled By The Fans, For The Fans, Every Friday, the article declared: "Fanzone presents ‘Spanish Scouse-Baiting’ as Benitez’s Hispanic Liverpool visit Old Trafford."

The page carried pictures of Liverpool’s new manager, Rafael Benitez, plus new signings Xabi Alonso, Luis Garcia and Josemi and, alongside each man, a Spanish translation of an inflammatory English chant.

Tomorrow’s fixture is one of the most fiercely contested in the Premiership, both on and off the field, a fact recognised by Benitez. Expressing a hope that all rivalry will remain good- natured, the Liverpool manager said: "The fans are excited, they will shout at each other, but at the end they will walk out together."

===================================

From the official site's Fanzone:

*Interpretations may be a little ropey. And for the record, Fanzone deplores Scouse-baiting.

"Alimente el Scousers. Permita que ellos sepan es tiempo de Navidad." This translates as " Feed the Scousers. Let them know it's Christmas time."

"Construya una fogata, construye una fogata, puso el Scousers en la cima." is "Build a bonfire, build a bonfire, put the Scousers on the top."

This is reported very sanctimously on Liverpool's official site with the headline 'Fans shocked by official Man Utd site':

lol well i dont know what we are complaining about ,we say much worse to them haha. My brother goes to all the matches and he tells me some of the rhymes which i wont repeat on here.

Im not invloved in these scouse / manc fights coz i had a few manc friends in college, plus its just dumb football anyway, it goes way too far.

• Admin
LIVERPOOLS BID FOR THE OLYMPICS.

In an attempt to influence the members of the international Olympic committee on their choice of venue for the games in to be held in Liverpool, the organizers of Liverpool’s bid have already drawn up an itinerary and schedule of events. A copy has been leaked and is reproduced below:

Opening Ceremony
The Olympic flame will be ignited by a petrol bomb thrown by a native of the city (preferably from the Toxteth area), wearing the traditional costume of shell suit, baseball cap and balaclava mask. It will burn for the duration of the games in a large chip van situated on the roof of the stadium.

The Events
In previous Olympics games, Liverpool’s competitors have not been particularly successful. In order to redress the balance, some of the events have been altered slightly to the advantage of local athletes.

100 Metres Sprint
Competitors will have to hold a video recorder and a microwave oven (one under each are) and on the sound of the starting pistol, a police dog will be released from a cage 10 yyards behind the athletes.

100 Metres hurdles
As above but with added obstacles e.g. car bonnets, hedges, garden fences, walls etc.

Hammer
Competitors in this event may choose the type of hammer they wish to use (claw, sledge, etc). The winner will be the one who can cause the most grievous bodily harm to member of the public within the time allowed.

Fencing
Entrants will be asked to dispose of as much stolen silver and jewelry as possible in 5 minutes.

Shooting
A strong challenge is expected from the local men in this event. The first target will be a moving police van. In the second round, the competitors will aim at a post office clerk, a bank teller or a wages delivery guard.

Boxing
Entry to this event will be restricted to husband and wife teams and will take place on a Friday night. The husband will be given 15 pints of Tennents while the wife will be told not to make him any tea when he gets home. The bout will then commence.

Cycling Time Trials
Competitors will be asked to break into the University bike shed and take an expensive mountain bike owned by some mummy’s boy from the country on his first trip away from home. All against the clock.

Cycling Pursuit
As above but the bike will be owned by a visiting member of the Australian rugby team who will witness the theft.

Modern Pentathlon
Amended to include mugging, breaking and entering, flashing, joy riding and arson.

Swimming
Competitors will be thrown off the Pier Head into the Mersey and the first three survivor’s back will decide the medals.

Men’s 50km Walk
Unfortunately this will have to be cancelled as the police cannot guarantee the safety of anyone walking the streets of Liverpool.

lmao thank u! Whatever u post, it wont offend me lol, remmember i have to live with these ppl (im not like that tho).

Liverpool actually got "the capital of culture" which means we will get even more tourists ( to rob) and every1 will flock to see our lovely city lol. We were meant to get a huge stadium for concerts etc with the money but i dont think its happerning now, i was hoping it would be built and Will would go there.

btw r u stalking the scousers with these articles :speechless:

[quote=Jazzy Julie,Sep 23 2004, 09:49 PM]lmao thank u! Whatever u post, it wont offend me lol, remmember i have to live with these ppl (im worse than them tho).

Liverpool actually got "the city of ****" which means we will get even more tourists (to rape and rob) and every1 will flock to see our dump of a city lol. We were meant to get a huge brothel for shows etc but i dont think its happerning now, i was hoping it would be built and Prince would go there.[/quote]
That's rather harsh Jully. And eww at that last part!! :nhawong:

[quote=Jazzy Julie,Sep 25 2004, 07:23 PM]no lol the ppl here are either blue or red.[/quote]
Please explain to the sane people what you are talking about? Is this about Gerrard Houllier and his gang?

[quote=Prince,Sep 28 2004, 03:43 PM][quote=Jazzy Julie,Sep 25 2004, 07:23 PM] no lol the ppl here are either blue or red.[/quote]
Please explain to the sane people what you are talking about? Is this about Gerrard Houllier and his gang? [/quote]
Lol yeah. It's about Non-Scousers VS. Real Scousers.

/me braces for the flames.. :ali: