JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

My first novel is released!

Hero1

• Admin

Congrats Tim! That is an extraordinary accomplishment! I didnt even know you left Twitter lol

That's the funny thing about twitter! I've got over 1200 followers and only about 10 people noticed I left haha :pound:

I dont understand how people find social media entertaining in any way. To me Facebook is realy just an easy way to keep on touch with old friends, email without 20 clicks if you will.. But I do not care for the crap around it. Twitter can be amusing when you follow the rght people, bus considering the fact most people are full of crap, Twitter can be a very bad thing.

I dont know I look at Facebook and Twitter as two entirely different platforms. Facebook just converges information, pictures, videos, links and communication in one convenient location. Its easy to share everything even though people really aren't mature at all about it. For instance, I know some girls who continually update their profile pic everyday just to gain attention. It's ridiculous and that was one thing I hate about MySpace. In retrospect, the original conception of MySpace was a great idea but it just evolved into more garbage. I use to hate when I would goto a buddy's MySpace and almost get a seizure because of the conflicting colors screaming at me. lol. The cool thing about Facebook is that it provides uniformity so that prevents morons customizing ridiculously.

As for Twitter, again for me its convergence of many different links. A streamlined and slimmed down version of Google Reader. I usually get a lot of my news from there since its all compiled into one. However, I think its just for celebrities to share conversations with other celebs in the public domain. Celebrities never respond to fans and aren't personable. I'm not saying they need to respond to each message they get from thousands of followers because that's insanity but I just never see celebs communicating with the fans.

im addicted to facebook, im on it all the time, i use it to keep in contact with people and all the parties and events im invited to are usually thru facebook. I like to share photos and stuff from nights out, but some people on it really irritate me, there is no need to update your status 50 times a day, i dont need to know your going to bed.

As for twitter, i read it but i never post. I dont have enough followers to bother and i never really did understand how to use it properly lol. Ive got enough on my hands with facebook statuses without having to think of something for twitter too.

Jim, I actually dislike Facebook for the reason you like it...lol. I hate that it's uniformed and that there are crazy limits as to how you can express yourself. The fact that you are limited to simply text drives me insane. I love Myspace. Facebook streamlined everything which made it easier to use and that's how they beat out Myspace. Once Myspace was sold, I hated it. I still go on it occasionally, mostly for music stuff, but I hate that it doesn't look like it can rebound from where it was.

I use Facebook simply to keep in touch with people and reconnect with others. The secondary purposes are to entertain people and to stay informed of events. I check Facebook at least 3 times a day which sometimes results in wasted time.

I hate Twitter. It's like Myspace and Facebook with no features...lol.

• Admin

Twitter is just a tool like anything else. It is all about how you use it & who you follow which determines how much value you get out of it. Facebook I find useful for staying in touch with people who aren't in the same country as me :chores038:

if you read the book.. one detective uses social media and loves it.. the other detective is very old school and thinks its garbage.. so I kind of present both sides of the argument..