JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

ABDUCTED BABY REUNITED WITH PARENTS 23 YEARS LATER

JumpinJack AJ

I thought this story was amazing and wanted to share...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abducted Baby Reunited With Parents 23 Years Later
Jan 19, 2011 – 5:27 PM

AOL News
A 23-year-old woman who was snatched from a New York City hospital as a 3-week-old infant has been reunited with her parents after tracking down baby pictures of herself on a missing children's website.

Carlina Renae White
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Carlina Renae White was kidnapped as an infant on Aug. 4, 1987. She was reunited with her parents after she found pictures of herself on a missing children's website.
"It's a wonderful feeling. Now I can sleep," mother Joy White told the New York Post after meeting her grown-up daughter over the weekend. "I've been worried for all these years. I never took her picture off my dresser. I never gave up looking for her."

Carlina Renae White was not yet a month old when she was kidnapped on Aug. 4, 1987. She had spiked a 104-degree fever and her worried parents took her to Harlem Hospital, where she was admitted, the Post and the New York Daily News reported today.

Joy White, then 16, said a woman dressed as a nurse approached her in the emergency room and told her everything would be fine. Joy went home to rest. When she returned to the hospital, Carlina was gone. Authorities believed the "nurse" who had comforted Joy stole the baby, but they were unable to find any trace of the missing infant.

Meanwhile, a girl known as Nejdra Nance grew up in Bridgeport, Conn. As a teenager, she began to suspect that she wasn't actually related to the the family who raised her. And she was puzzled that she was never able to get a copy of her birth certificate.

Finally, she began to do some research on the Internet and found the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children's website. On the site, she found a photo of a missing baby named Carlina Renae White.

The center contacted Joy White on Jan. 4 and forwarded her a baby photo taken by the family who raised Nejdra Nance.

"I was screaming, I was so excited," Joy told the Daily News. "As soon as I saw those pictures I said, 'That's my daughter.' I saw myself in her."

DNA tests confirmed Nejdra, who now lives in Georgia, is Carlina -- the biological daughter of Joy White and Carl Tyson, who was 22 years old when his baby was kidnapped.

Sponsored Links
Tyson told the Daily News he wept tears of joy when a New York City police detective told him the DNA was a match.

"I already knew in my heart that this was my daughter," he said. "All I could do is shed tears."

Nejdra, now 23, traveled to New York this weekend with her 5-year-old daughter, Samani, to finally meet her family members.

"We ate and talked and got to know each other ... I feel great," Joy White told the Daily News.

The Post said the people who took baby Carlina could still face federal prosecution. They have not been publicly identified, but the investigation is still open.

Yeah this has been all over the news, this is heartwarming and inspiring