JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Actors for new Superman movie

VIsqo

Ive watched this show since its very beginnings 10 years ago, for the simple reason that I love Superman and everything related. The show has had its good moments, its bad moments and some horrible ones. The writers certainly had most of the fault concerning to it. But I would love the idea of having the 2 main characters on the new movie being played by the 2 main actors on this serie. I think the chemistry, the physical resemblance and the popularity would make for a great idea to include them both. And thinking about it, and looking at this trailer/proposal I believe it would be amazing to see how this works out considering how bad the last movie was, starting with the superman outfit and ending with that horrible impression of Lois Lane.

Check this proposal and tell me what you think of it, Im just bringing it from youtube, I didnt create it, but I like it.

I think it's stupid that they are planning a reboot just 4 years later. I feel that they should continue with what they started with Superman returns. The only lacking moments of the film were the focus on drama and emotion rather than action and him and Lois having a son. My idea, have someone kill their son which makes Brandon Routh's Superman so angry that serious butt gets kicked. 2 problems fixed with one story line, a franchised saved, great actors already in place, and more money guaranteed to be made. I could care less about having the Smallville actors do anything after the show ends. I watched it when it was new but have since lost interest. I have bought the first few seasons on DVD and look forward to watching them but I just want the world they created with Brandon Rouths Superman to come back. If they are gonna do a reboot, they should wait. Anyone else thing The Incredible Hulk was lacking due to the fact they that rebooted it only a few years after the previous movie?

I don't mind a reboot because SR was a big mess. They tried to copy S1 and as a result it became a decent but an incredibly dull and lifeless movie.
I think the best part of the movie was casting Brandon Routh as Superman. His performance wasn't as great as it could've been thanks to the script. Singer is a good director but he failed with this one. I think he tried to copy the original so much that he forgot what HE wanted to do. That whole kid thing was pretty annoying and casting Kate Bosworth as lois lane has to be one of the worst casting decisions. She looks, sounds and acts nothing like Lois Lane. And the few action scenes Superman had (plane, bullet in the eye) scenes were just added to wow the viewers and had NOTHING to do with the story of the movie. I'm also done with Supes going against Luthor with emphasis on Kryptonite. I hope they go for real villains otherwise the movie won't be interesting at all. Including General Zod will be a good start for the new franchise.

I'm kinda happy Nolan is producing and Snyder is directing (though I would've wished Nolan directed it but oh well).
A superman movie in the style of Dark Knight with a mix of Watchmen could result in something fresh.

The emotional and dramatic side of Superman Returns was there because, let's be real, Superman is physically unstoppable. U have to add that stuff in to have him effected. That's what makes it more than just an action movie. Also, those visually impactful moments like a bullet hitting his eye are what make Superman different from other super heroes. It reintroduces (and introduces) how powerful Superman is. I think what they did from tying into the original Superman movie was amazing AND the right thing to do. Lex Luthor is the iconic Superman villain. He HAD to be in this movie and I thought he was brilliant (and funny). But I do agree that other villains need to appear in future movies. I thought Superman Returns was almost perfect even tho' I was preparing myself to hate it. After they got it right and had plenty of room to take things further, I find it hard to believe I'll like a too-quickly rebooted Superman. One that's actually using the title of the planned Superman Returns sequel!? I don't think any aspect of Batman: The Dark Knight should be mixed into Superman...other than the story turning and being perfect from start to finish. I also don't think ANY Watchman traits should be mixed in with Superman. His would is different from everyone else's. All those other comic book worlds were created to be different from his and the movies should be the same.

The movie was whack man.. Im a long time follower of superman. Almost my whole life.. The addition of the kid was a baaadd move, and Lois was awful. The outfil looked way with that little cartoonish superman sign on the middle of such a strong chest. Brandon was really good, but the script and the emphasis on other things not related to acting was dreadful to his character and the part of him lifting the island was a little too much. The graphics on the movie were good but the long "hancock like" dramatic setting reaching the end of the movie in which he was in the hospital dying and all was awful for the audience and thats why it had such a bad welcoming by the public.

$391,081,192 doesn't sound like a bad welcoming to me. Superman Returns wasn't really a beat 'em up kid kinda movie. People who wanted that would be dissatisfied. Going with the reboot idea, I think they should wait another 5 years or so. Back to back reboots are just stupid. At 1st I wasn't crazy about Lois Lane, but other than Terri Hatcher and the 50's Lois Lane, I don't think they've every really cast a good Lois Lane. I grew up on Superman too. I still have countless Superman toys from when I was at little as 3 years old. I have 100's of Superman comic books from my teenage years and a few from the past few years. Look at my Old Skool albums on Myspace and Facebook...lol...there's tons of Superman costume pix of me as a kid in costume. With something as big as Superman it's impossible to create something that'll please most fans. The bottomline tho' is that I'd NEVER wanna see Smallville actors do Superman. Shoot, if Dean Cain is still doing his thing, I'd like to see him do Superman again.

Dean Cain and Terri Hatcher are legends to me. The chemistry and the portray of the characters was amazing. Plus Clark was not that dorky or boring. I used to love that show!

Yeah, I love Lois + Clark. They were the perfect "romantic comedy with a dash of drama" Superman to me. Nobody rocked the suit like Dean Cain did. And Teri Hatcher is easily the hottest Lois Lane there ever was.