JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Game approaching Nas for a collabo album

bigted

West Coat rapper Game recently revealed his desire to work on a collaboration album with rap veteran Nas.

Game claims he has already expressed his interest to Nas.

"N*gga, I'm ready. Like Nas is my n*gga," Game said in an interview. "If he's ready, then I'm ready. If we stayed in the studios for 7 days, didn't go home, and it had like a shower, and a kitchen in that motherf*cker, seven days we would have an album. And that might see the light of day, because I talked to Nas about it before. I mean maybe. Maybe that will happen." (Hip Hop Game)
Around the promotion of Nas' Hip-Hop Is Dead album, the rapper praised a track he recorded with Game.

"It's totally a blessing, man," he said late last week in New York. "We're gonna stomp them, man. I think a few people gonna ride with me. Everywhere I go, they're talking about [the album]. It's gonna be crazy. It's another level straight up. We got a crazy joint. I was thinking about just putting that out as a single. That's how crazy it is." (MTV)
On Game's new "Infared" song, he promised to never beef with Nas.

roduced By: Cool & Dre Complex says: The Compton rapper's forays into name-dropping have recently been hit or miss, but over Cool & Dre's 70s funk-jazz-influenced instrumental, the album's intro is a major hit. Game drops attention-grabbing lines ("Will I ever go at Nas? Hell nah! / Will I ever go at Jay-Z? I don't know") and doesn't waste a second spewing his fully automatic braggadocio. It's an instant head-nodding banger for a kickoff. (Complex)
Nas recently put together his new Damian Marley collaboration album, Distant Relatives.

"Reggae and hip-hop are cousins,'' he said in an interview. "Go back before the '90s and think about the music that was playing on the ghetto blasters and you'll hear it...The whole world is like family, split up all over the place. It's overdue, and I want to help build whatever we can [in Africa]. I've worked with a lot of reggae artists, like Sizzla and Supercat, but not until [2005's] Jamrockdid I get a chance to work with Damian. I love his music and I'm a big fan of Bob Marley and the whole family. We haven't worked out any tour dates yet. But I'm sure Damian and I will do something soon." (Miami Herald)

I think that collabo albums are rarely a good idea. It's not that they are bad, it's just that 2 form a "super group," you really should be the perfect match. The ONLY collabo album in all of Hip-Hop history that I can recall that is perfect when it comes to the dynamic is Method Man and Redman. At first I was thinking this might be a good move for Nas to get some more attention, but at the same time, The Game isn't really hot in the mainstream like he used to be. If it's about good music and good lyrics, go for it. If not, leave the idea alone.

It's true that Game's not as popular as he used to be but he's improved as an artist since he got away from G-Unit, that "Why You Hate The Game?" song on his "Doctor's Advocate" featuring Nas and "Hustlers" on Nas' "Hip Hop Is Dead" shows that they have good chemistry together

It's true that Game's not as popular as he used to be but he's improved as an artist since he got away from G-Unit, that "Why You Hate The Game?" song on his "Doctor's Advocate" featuring Nas and "Hustlers" on Nas' "Hip Hop Is Dead" shows that they have good chemistry together

Agree with everything you said there Ted.

Jay Electronica is one of the real new mcs out there these days, the concepts that he could come up with Nas would make one interesting album