JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

RZA To Produce GZA's Liquid Swords 2

Turntable

Raekwon’s Only Built For Cuban Linx II may have inspired another Wu Tang sequel.

RZA, the architect of the Wu Tang sound, has announced that he’ll be producing the next installment of the GZA’s Liquid Swords, which is largely considered a classic album.

RZA made the announcement via Twitter.

“IT'S TRUE: "LIQUID SWORDS 2" PRODUCED BY THE ABBOT RZA COMING FALL 2010. WHO'S READY FOR THE WU? BONG BONG.”

Liquid Swords is the 1995 second album from the GZA, but the first during his tenure as a leader in the Wu Tang Clan.

Last year Raekwon released Only Built For Cuban Linx II and the opus was met by worldwide accolades.

No release date has been announced for Liquid Swords 2.

http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2010/04/27/22190377.aspx
----

great news!!!

It's the return of the golden era with all these albums coming out

I've never been that into Wu-Tang. I liked some songs off their 1st album but never really got into anyone from Wu (other than some of Method Man's stuff). Is RZA really that good of a producer? Even after the 90's? I'm not disrespecting at all. They just never grabbed me as anything outstanding.

I'm not really a big fan of Wu-Tang either but I respect the fact that they're great lyricists

I'm pretty sure I only own albums by Method Man. I like a few singles from their solo projects but none of their voices really stand out as appealing to me and I never caught any lyrics from them that kept my attention. I'm not saying they are bad emcees. Alot of their music just isn't my flavor. Since there isn't much new Hip-Hop to pay attention to I'll go back and check out some of their music.

I dig Ghostface's last album, it's real soulful, I think I mentioned it on my list of albums that I liked the most in 2009, there's still some good music out there when you search for it....

Edited by bigted