JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Canibus Disses KRS-ONE in new song

bigted

Damn didn't Canibus learn his lesson after going after LL? KRS is gonna tear him up for real, lol

http://theurbandaily.com/news/casey-gane-mccalla/canibus-disses-krs-one-in-new-song/

Normally I don’t look forward to rappers beefing. Mostly because someone could end up killed and the rappers are setting a bad example to their young fans. But I’m looking forward to seeing Canibus go at it with KRS-One. Both of them are very talented, intelligent rappers with a knack for battling who will keep their battle on the mic without shooting up their houses, taking pictures with their children or releasing sex tapes of their baby mothers.

In case y’all don’t know Canibus was popular in the late nineties and famously battled LL Cool J and KRS-One is possibly the greatest rapper of all time.

Here’s what Canibus had to say about KRS-One in a new song with Keith Murray.

“How many emcees must get dissed, before somebody whispers don’t f**k with Bis (this is a jacked lyric from one of KRS-One’s old songs)/My Survival Skills surpass Kris, watch this / You got a rap for every emcee? GO GET IT THEN /Why you d*ck ride Def Jam, they not your friend / Make your mind up, I thought you was not with them / F***ing comedy, speaking on flawed philosophy / You’ll never give props to Keith Or Canibus for Undergods release / Go right ahead, dismiss it / We ain’t submissive, we spit lyrical lyrics / I got the right to live off it, I live it And I’mma voice my opinion, can’t nobody make me think different / My spirit feels like it’s in a prison / I speak on the music conspiracy but nobody wanna listen.”

Man, and Canibus was doing so well with his sold out shows and platinum albums. Now I predict career-death.....lol. (Sarcasm intended). I was never really a Canibus fan. And Nelly, come on. Sometimes KRS-One goes over the deep end but I see that as someone with a strong love for something that is completely misunderstood to the masses. I know that whenever one of my friends thinks that Lil' Wayne represents Hip-Hop I have the urge to slap them before sitting them down for a 1 hour lecture. That's kinda how I see KRS when he goes off the deep end. KRS is one of the greatest. Period.

• 7 months later...

Well I found the answer for why Canibus dissed KRS, it's pretty stupid to diss somebody 6 years later from an interview:
http://hhvibe.wordpress.com/2010/02/22/canibus-disses-krs-one-for-ll-cool-j-remarks/
Long before Joe Budden became one of hip hop’s biggest targets, Canibus was that man. He had begun rapping in the mid-1990s, as a native of New York, but living in Atlanta at the time. In 1995, he moved back up to New Jersey, where he linked with Redman.

Canibus’ chance meeting with Redman led to them rapping together on underground tracks. By 1996, LL Cool J was working on his album, Phenomenon. LL had a habit for uniting some of the most popular rappers in the game, along with newcomers for one big track. His posse cuts were known for creating drama, as his 1995, “I Shot Ya (remix),” was perceived as a diss to Tupac Shakur.

Looking to move past the beef, especially after the death of The Notorious B.I.G., LL Cool J was just trying to make music. For years, he had a strong relationship with Redman and the Def Squad. He also had a close relationship with Method Man, who was close to Redman. They are known as two of the best rappers in hip hop. It was a no-brainer for LL to feature them on his next posse cut. Redman suggested that he also feature Canibus on the track.

In the end, the new song was called “4,3,2,1.” The original version of the song featured Method Man, Redman, Canibus, and DMX. Each rapper recorded their verses, alone, and they were sent to LL Cool J. At the time, LL had not recorded his verse yet. Before LL Cool J went to record his verse, he played the other verses back as they were being prepared to be on the final version of the song.

For the most part, everything was great until he heard Canibus’ verse. The verse mentioned Canibus borrowing the microphone tattooed on LL’s right arm. While Canibus insists that he meant it as a compliment, LL Cool J took it as a diss and he recorded a verse that was dedicated to ripping Canibus apart. The song was put together and LL Cool J released the song first to the radio stations in New York City.

This is when Canibus heard the track and he reached out to LL Cool J. There is a phone conversation between the two rappers that can be found on YouTube where a resolution is reached. Canibus wanted LL to change his verse, but LL told Canibus to change his, to which he agreed. He said that once the song hits radio, no one will know who he is talking about. From there, LL pulled the song from radio and Canibus re-recorded his verse.

Still, the original version leaked and the feud was on. In 2004, their now-legendary feud was featured on the DVD, Beef II. Canibus spoke on the feud, along with Kool Moe Dee, a former rival of LL’s, along with KRS-One. He offered a unique opinion that Canibus should have simply rapped about something aside from LL. KRS stated that there should have been no mention of any type of mic, he should have been thankful to be on the track.

Six years have passed since those comments were made. It has been three years since his last album. Canibus has returned from the shadows with a new single, “Only Slaves D.R.E.A.M.,” that is said to be aimed at KRS-One. If this in indeed the case, Canibus should have responded in 2004, it is a new decade and the feud was from now two decades ago. LL Cool J now stars in a primetime drama on CBS, KRS-One is a legend, and Canibus has yet to have a hit single.

Edited by bigted

Brakes, I know u like Canibus, so please don't read my comment...lol...

I just dislike Canibus. I could never get into his music. 1st off, his voice is just annoying. And when he came out, many rappers don't have annoying voices like they do today. People called him so lyrical, but even the songs that I attempted to stomach by ignoring his voice or his often-wack production, I never thought there was anything special about him. His battle with LL was the last great emcee battle that didn't involve violence. But that's all he's really known for. He doesn't have a single hit outside of "Second Round K.O." I admire that he's still trying to make music in his situation but going have KRS-One is just idiotic. On top of KRS being one of the greatest of the greatests, Canibus has NO reason to go at him. KRS's comments were strictly his opinion and they weren't insulting. Canibus is desperate for attention and/or has some unrealistic view of himself and his skills. His career has been dead for over a decade and going after legends, who are also clearly alot more talented than he is will not be a way for him to get back in the game.