JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jay-Z, 50 Cent, & Nas to appear on "Empire State Of Mind" Rmx

bigted

I personally can't believe that this would happen right when 50's running his mouth dissing them, it's further proof that the rap game's rigged like wrestling, lol:

Former rap rivals Jay-Z, 50 Cent and Nas are all reportedly set to appear on an upcoming "Empire State Of Mind" remix.

While an exact source has not been identified, reports suggest the collaboration will be documented.

Despite 50 Cent calling Jay-Z Beyonce's husband and more recently jabbing that he thinks he's Jesus, rumor has it that the two may actually be working together behind the scenes. A source who recently found himself eavesdropping on a conversation at a certain New York Giant's office, recently told BET.com that Hov may be unifying the big apple by featuring Fif and Nas on the "Empire State of Mind" remix. Word is the entire recording as well as conversations between the NY juggernauts will be documented. In addition to continually jabbing Jay, Fif has had issues with Nas for a while. Former friends, the Queens MCs became at odds after Fif called Nas out on The Massacre's "Piggy Bank." Word has already been spreading that Nas, who was reportedly slated to appear on the original track, is on deck for the remix. (BET)

Beanie Sigel has suggested Jay recruited Nas for an "Empire" diss record going at him and 50 Cent.

I'm nice at chess too," Sigel told radio personality DJ On & On. "They say he got a record supposed to come out, the remix to the New York sh*t, he's poppin' shots at me, poppin' shots at 50 but he pulled Nas on the record hoping that a n*gga will respond to it and come at Nas and Nas is gonna come right back, he ain't gonna hold no punches, he's gonna come right back. He should come right back but look at the moves. I see that. I'm not worried about Nas, I did that already. I did that already. In defense of him I did that already. I was there when dude was in the studio on the couch scratching his head under pressure." (Jump The Turn Style)

50, as of late, has been talking down upon Jay's business habits with former Roc-A-Fella artists like Beans and Freeway.

"I think he completely has his best interests in mind," 50 said about Hov. "When you commit to working with other artists -- I have to be passionate about it. Of course, you want to make money, so you only commit to the things that you're excited about, that you feel you have the chemistry with or has something there, but after you get past that point, it should be something that you actually want to see win. I tried to collaborate with him on the Freeway project. What I did was Freeway went out and found his publishing deal, and we started the album, and Jay did 'Big Spender' and I did 'Take You to the Top,' and when it came time to put the record out, he didn't want to shoot his video, so I'm like, 'Why am I going to shoot mine? I'm not shooting it. It's on your label.' He has a king complex, he thinks he's f*cking Jesus, you know what I mean? This J-Hova sh*t." (Rolling Stone)

Fabolous recently spoke on his former Def Jam labelmate and boss getting into a public dispute with Beans.

"I haven't," Fab said about a rumored Nas and Jay-Z diss song. "I heard a message or something on the Internet but I haven't...Nah, not really [i would not do a diss] because that's not my beef. I don't have a problem with Beanie, actually, you know what I'm saying, I'm cool with Beanie too. The same circle Jay was, Beanie was there too. So we all had, [well], I'm not as close, close to Beanie as I am with Jay, but I wouldn't. That's not my beef. Their thing is a little more personal, I mean. Everybody knows Jay and Beans, at one point, were hand and hand. Like, that's not my beef, I wouldn't even jump in there." (Jenny Boom Boom TV)

No further details have been released as of now.