JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

USHER, BAD BOY, ICE-T NEWS

Usher's 'Papers' Debuts, Singer Airs Dirty Laundry in New Song

Posted Oct 5th 2009 4:45PM by Latifah Muhammad

Comments [3]

Print | Email More

R&B star Usher is ready to be done with his soon-to-be ex-wife Tameka Foster-Raymond and the singer puts the ordeal to a beat with the release of his latest song 'Papers.' Just as expected the lyrics of the song are as juicy as they are candid. "Who the hell argues and fights like dogs at 6 in the morning?/ I know its gonna' be some more s--- tonight," he sings. "Our pastor's calling telling me I done went too far and/ I'm seen around town and my friends can't recognize me, 'cuz I took a chance on love."

Clearly addressing what some saw as erratic behavior in defense of his two-year marriage to Foster-Raymond, Usher is now singing a different tune. "I done damn near lost my mama/I done been through so much drama/ I done turned into the man I never thought I'd never be/I'm ready to sign them papers."

Usher also states that his relationship with Foster-Raymond was opportunistic on her part. "I ain't afraid to say I have needs/the only time you here for me is when the bottles poppin' and everything is sweet/but I'm tired of sleeping in the other room/spending them long nights trying to figure out what in the hell in my heart I ain't do right."

Since announcing the split in June, the Grammy winner has remained mum on the details surrounding the dissolution of marriage. Our guess is that he's saving a good portion of those stories for his upcoming release tentatively titled 'Raymond vs. Raymond.'

The couple tied the knot in 2007 amid reports that their union caused a rift between Usher and his mother Jonetta Patton, who did not attend the ceremony. Following his nuptials Usher dropped his fifth album 'Here I Stand.' The record failed to come close to the colossal success of his previous release 'Confessions' which spawned several hits and sold over 1 million units in its first week.

His latest album is said to feature production from Jermaine Dupri, Ne-Yo and The Neptunes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Former Bad Boy Ghostwriter Mark Curry Takes Aim at Diddy

Posted Oct 5th 2009 5:30PM by Carter Maness

Comments [0]

Print | Email More

Mark Curry, a former Bad Boy rapper and Diddy ghostwriter, is setting sights on his old boss in a new tell-all book entitled 'Dancing With the Devil.' While it's nothing new for the unemployed to take shots at the crown, Curry does come with a substantial bombshell that many of us suspected all along: Notorious B.I.G. was planning to leave Bad Boy before his death in 1997.

"Biggie was already on his way out the door," said Curry in an interview with Gyant Unplugged. "I just remember the stories of when Biggie would want money from Puff, and they would be doing a show and Biggie wouldn't show up to the show until ten minutes before the show and Puff would be like "Where is he at? Where is he at?" That's where he would get his leverage. Biggie knew that Puff needed him. If you break it down and look at the situation for what it truly is, Biggie Smalls made Bad Boy. Bad Boy is Biggie Smalls."

Curry explains that Notorious and his Junior M.A.F.I.A. associates already had the plans ready for a new label with fairer pay practices. As with most things Diddy, money was behind everything and Curry uses B.I.G. as a springboard to rail on Combs' venomous contacts with other artists.

I mean, there must be something there. How many people from the original Bad Boy roster are still producing something significant? I'll wait...

Curry writes in the first chapter, "Even worse, Puff charged artists for his appearances on their records and in the videos, usually without their realizing it until they received their royalty statements. That's when they discovered that a large sum of their money had gone to fees which were doubled, tripled and even quadrupled because of Puff "special guest appearances." He charged artists, for example, for having his Bentley in their videos - which he insisted upon - then took a tax credit for business use of the car."

Dang. Let's just hope Mr. Curry can make some scraps from this book, because he sure ain't coming back to the game any time soon.

----------------------------------------------------

Ice-T, Coco Ready to Wrestle?

Posted Oct 5th 2009 7:15PM by BoomBox Staff

Comments [0]

Print | Email More

West Coast gangsta rapper-turned-actor Ice-T is planning to jump into the ring, and according to reports, he's bringing his blond and buxom wife Coco with him. The 'Law & Order:SVU' actor has announced plans to appear on WWE's 'Monday Night Raw' wrestling program. The details of Ice-T's involvement in the popular Vince McMahon-helmed show are not yet available, but Ice claims that he and his rumored-to-be-pregnant wife will make their appearance on the show this fall.

Before launching his rap career in the late eighties with 'Rhyme Pays,' Ice-T appeared in the 1984 breakdancing film 'Breakin'' and the film's sequel, 'Breakin' II.' He made his official big-screen debut with his appearance in 'New Jack City' in 1991. While he has continued to release albums, with diminishing success, his acting career blossomed. He has appeared in such legendary films as 'Tank Girl,' 'Trespass' and 'Leprechaun in the Hood,' an urban spin-off of the classic horror film. In addition to 'Law & Order:SVU' Ice-T's other television credits include the cop drama 'New York Undercover.'

I don't think i've ever heard him. The only emcee that was ever on Bad Boy that i thought was truely dope was Craig Mack. Sorry BIggie fans, but i think all the rest of them were wack or average at best.

I recently bought the Bad Boy Fammily Album for 2 buck's, and judging from those songs, he realy was the weakest back then. The rest, like you said, was average (Biggie is the ish tho, but he was dead by then, and Mase and Craig Mack were gone and Black Rob wasnt there yet I believe). Bad Boy however had some even wacker Mc's later on, but all in all the label did produce at least some good music, and even tho it never worked out, they always tried to give some old heads another chance, like New Edition. One Love was a good album by the way, just like the 112 Albums. They always managed to release some good R&B over there.

Edited by Turntable

Marc curry shouldnt even be talking sh.. Have yall heard something good from him??? totally wack.

But he is right. I read in his interview in rap basement when he said that Biggie was the best thing they had in Bad Boy.

In responce 2 all of the news. I heard Usher's new song and I like it. It's not on the level of most of stuff on the 8701 or Confessions album but it's still good. I can't wait for his new album. Usher is probably my favorite solo male R-N-B artist. I've grown up on his stuff. I liked Here I Stand but it was his worst and missing that typical Usher swagger.

Ice-T wrestling? If this is a one time thing, cool. Overall i think it's stupid....but whatever.

I don't even know anything about Mark Curry. I've heard his name before and that's about it. I never really followed Bad Boy but i never really suspected Biggie was trying 2 leave Bad Boy. Biggie and Puffy seemed inseperable. I wonder if it's true or if this bitter person is just putting stuff out there 2 cause drama. Craig Mack was the only legit artist on Bad Boy when it comes 2 Hip-Hop. Wasn't he a part of EPMD's click prior to Bad Boy? His 2nd album after he left Bad Boy was dope 2. I remember him saying it was exciting being part of the label in the beginning but that he didn't want 2 stay there after they blew up. He had a short stint back on the label in 2002 but the album never formed. It probably would have been the best thing for Bad Boy if it did. I didn't like Biggie's voice or lyrics. I just didn't like his music in general. It wasn't believable and hearing him on Bad Boy after hearing his earlier work, it just didn't seem authentic (check "Party + Bull****" and Heavy D's posse cut "A Bunch of N*****") . The only thing I remember about G-Dep is that he somehow got Rakim on his album. Compared 2 today's rappers he's probably alot better. But who wants 2 be dope only be comparison. I barely remember Black Rob. He seemed like he'd may be a decent rapper but as an "artist" he'd be a dime a dozen. Mase was just awful. His voice, his lyrics...everything. Who could take him for anything more than a pop rapper? "Murda Mase"....oooohhhh...scary. Then he wanted 2 find God, do a clean Hip-Hop album, gain some success...then leave Bad Boy 2 and try 2 be "hardcore"...ha ha. (Anyone remember Harlem World...ugh). I think Bad Boy's R-N-B was much better. Faith is the truth! I think she's often underrated. Total didn't really have the best voices but they made it all work. 112 was really good. The harmonies were great but their individual voices were average. Sometimes the production was dope and sometimes it wasn't. New Edition on Bad Boy was painful for me. Their talent was in tact but the album wasn't promoted and most of the production was substandard. NE expressed dislike towards the label when they got off it. Even tho' i was never in2 Bad Boy, when u look back on the time that they shined, they definitely do have some singles that defined an era that take me 2 a good place mentally even if i don't like the songs.

• 2 weeks later...

Usher's 'Papers' Debuts, Singer Airs Dirty Laundry in New Song

Posted Oct 5th 2009 4:45PM by Latifah Muhammad

Comments [3]

Print | Email More

R&B star Usher is ready to be done with his soon-to-be ex-wife Tameka Foster-Raymond and the singer puts the ordeal to a beat with the release of his latest song 'Papers.' Just as expected the lyrics of the song are as juicy as they are candid. "Who the hell argues and fights like dogs at 6 in the morning?/ I know its gonna' be some more s--- tonight," he sings. "Our pastor's calling telling me I done went too far and/ I'm seen around town and my friends can't recognize me, 'cuz I took a chance on love."

Clearly addressing what some saw as erratic behavior in defense of his two-year marriage to Foster-Raymond, Usher is now singing a different tune. "I done damn near lost my mama/I done been through so much drama/ I done turned into the man I never thought I'd never be/I'm ready to sign them papers."

Usher also states that his relationship with Foster-Raymond was opportunistic on her part. "I ain't afraid to say I have needs/the only time you here for me is when the bottles poppin' and everything is sweet/but I'm tired of sleeping in the other room/spending them long nights trying to figure out what in the hell in my heart I ain't do right."

Since announcing the split in June, the Grammy winner has remained mum on the details surrounding the dissolution of marriage. Our guess is that he's saving a good portion of those stories for his upcoming release tentatively titled 'Raymond vs. Raymond.'

The couple tied the knot in 2007 amid reports that their union caused a rift between Usher and his mother Jonetta Patton, who did not attend the ceremony. Following his nuptials Usher dropped his fifth album 'Here I Stand.' The record failed to come close to the colossal success of his previous release 'Confessions' which spawned several hits and sold over 1 million units in its first week.

His latest album is said to feature production from Jermaine Dupri, Ne-Yo and The Neptunes.

I'm sorry for his troubles... but this is going to make for a hot album.