JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Details On Rakim's 7th Seal Album

bigted

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.9864

Details Emerge On Rakim's Seventh Seal

September 24th, 2009 | Author: Jake Paine

November 17 is the locked in date for Rakim's [click to read] studio album return. The Seventh Seal will be approximately one decade since Ra released The Master. This effort, courtesy of Ra/SMC/Fontana Records finds the Long Island legend teaming up with The L.O.X. [click to read], Maino, Busta Rhymes and his own daughter Destiny Griffin.

Production on the affair comes from Nottz, Ty Fyffe, Jake One and longtime collaborator Nick Wiz, famed for his production with Cella Dwellas.

"The Seventh Seal is my own revelation...my way of taking the best of what Hip Hop has to offer, what we as a culture and a community have to offer, putting my stamp on it and leading us forward while constantly respecting what we've already accomplished. When you've been blessed with a career like mine, you develop a deep relationship with the music, and that love is recognized by the true heads that share it with you. You'll see us keep building as we break through each Seal...showing the best of what I can do in many forms, bringing the energy and having fun, but first I'm laying that foundation and give my longtime fans the conscious fire they expect," Rakim said in a statement.

I can't wait...tho' I wish people like Pete Rock and DJ Premier were on the project. I can't believe they brought up Cella Dwellas in the article!! Does anyone on the board remember them. I remember loving their album. I'm pretty sure they only dropped one album. "Perfect Match" was my joint in 96!

Rakim's been working on this album for quite awhile so I'm expecting nothing but greatness here

• 2 weeks later...

Rakim released his 1st single "Walk These Streets" feat. Maino, check it out:

http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/multimedia__music/archive/2009/10/08/21971168.aspx