JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

PE DVD "Power To The People And The Videos"

bigted

What's up y'all I found out this on: [url="http://www.publicenemy.com/index.php?page=page1"]PublicEnemy.com[/url]
"Recently in LA Mistachuck recorded the final voiceover for the new Universal DVD Power To The People And The Videos; The Complete Video Collection of Public Enemy. With over 22 videos this DVD WILL BE RELEASED THE SAME DAY sept 21st 2004 as the essential CD greatest hits collection, Power To The People And The Beats, throught the newly formed Public Enemy Archive Series leading to as many as 8 dvds 2 essential deluxe editions of FEAR and Nations and the unprecedented boxset next year. WHoa."
I read on that website that they're also working on 2 new CD's to be released within the next year and that they recorded a song with Moby for the '04 Olympics Soundtrack, and they were at Charlie Mack's All-Star Jam in Philly recently, so Public Enemy's still going strong after almost 2 decades! :switch:

Man, how am i ever gonna get outta debt with so much good stuff coming out?!? I might have 2 ask 4 that 4 Christmas.

Is the new Greatest Hits album gonna pick up where Greatest Misses left off or will it compile all the hits thru' out their career??

I think this'll be a good place to start my Public Enemy journey, i have a few hits on compo CD's (Bring The Noise, Fight The Power etc) so i think i mite [pic this album up.

[quote=JumpinJack AJ,Sep 9 2004, 09:45 AM]Man, how am i ever gonna get outta debt with so much good stuff coming out?!? I might have 2 ask 4 that 4 Christmas.

Is the new Greatest Hits album gonna pick up where Greatest Misses left off or will it compile all the hits thru' out their career??[/quote]
:werd: There's a lot of great stuff comin' out now, for a while there wasn't much I was interested in buying, that DVD comes out the same day as "Sharktale Soundtrack" with the new Big Will track and then the next week Nas and Talib Kweli drop their albums! :dj: I've only been listening to PE only since 2000, I bought "He Got Game" Soundtrack, in 2002 I bought "20th Century Masters: The Best Of Public Enemy", in 2003 I bought "RevolvolutioN" which is the latest release from them it has about 6 new tracks(including one where they diss George W. Bush "Son Of a Bush") and the rest is remixes and performances of their greatest hits it was very well done, and recently I bought "It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back" and I've been playing that everyday since I bought it! :switch: They have so many releases I need to buy still, I ain't gonna front though, my CD collection has only about 150 in it, and I have about 100 cassettes, so I don't really have a full catalog of any artist, unlike AJ who has a warehouse of music at his house! :kekeke: I'm surprised that I have more Public Enemy CDs at my house then you do! :sonny: