JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Mims Feat. Nice & Smooth - I Do

I'm feeling this, thanks Turntable!!

I did a lil' research on his album today and notice Mims got a song with another ol' school rapper Tech9nine called "Rock N Roll", he really stepped his game up this time showing that he's more than a one-hit wonder

I was gonna check this song out when i saw he did a song with Nice + Smooth but forgot all about it. They are barely on it which is a huge disappointment. I like the beat tho.' I thought Mims was awful the 1st time he came out. Compared 2 the regulars on the radio, it sounds like he's outshining alot of them. I might give his album a listen.

Your sure? The line "I dont even gotta rap / I could sell a mill saying nothing on the track" sounds like a parody to me. Next to that he also had some raw ny ish on his first album (not much).. Which makes "This Is Why I'm Hot" seem like a parody even more to me.. Maybe I'm wrong tho. lol.

Oh, i'm not saying there aren't lots. I must say i kinda liked the remix of "This Is Why..." only because i hadn't heard Junior Reid in about 10 years at that point and thought he brought a good vibe 2 the remix...but that's it.

The remix with Junior Reid was all good, I aint going to lie, but I think that when he talked about he wasnt going to say a thing on the track and sell a mill, he wasnt kidding..

The remix with Junior Reid was all good, I aint going to lie, but I think that when he talked about he wasnt going to say a thing on the track and sell a mill, he wasnt kidding..

Did Mims really go platinum with that song? That's a damn shame if he did, yeah I thought that the remix with Junior Reid was cool btw