JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

INTERVIEW: Will Smith on Hancock 2, I Am MORE Legendary and ID4 2

Ale

Sequels, sequels, sequels. That's the way of movie making today and actor Will Smith has many films that lend themselves to more storytelling.

IESB caught up with Smith during the press day for his new film SEVEN POUNDS co-starring Rosario Dawson out from Columbia Pictures December 19.

During the interview, Smith talked about sequels to I AM LEGEND, HANCOCK and answers the question "whatever happened to that ID4 sequel?"

IESB: The idea of an I Am Legend prequel is interesting how are things developing on that?

Will Smith: We have a very cool prequel idea, and in essence, it's not the title, but the idea of it is "The Last Stand of Manhattan." It would be the fall of Manhattan, the last American city to fall.

IESB: So it won't be you alone anymore?

WS: No, it would be an ensemble, and the feeling of it that we've been talking about would be essentially "Saving Private Ryan" you know.

IESB: Do you wish you used the alternate ending where you lived?

WS: You know, that ending was more conceptually true to the novel, but it was one of those things when you actually put it up in a theater, it doesn't work in movie format. It's like, there is forgiveness that literary audiences will give you that film audiences won't give you. It's the two-hour construct, you're in there, and it needs to climax and finish. And, it just didn't lend itself, but yeah, it would have been nice to be around.

IESB: There's also talk about a sequel for Hancock...

WS: Yeah, we've been talking about a sequel also to Hancock, we've been working, the ideas aren't as developed [as I Am Legend] but we are building out an entire world, I think people are going to be very surprised at the new world of Hancock.

IESB: A lot more superheroes?

WS: Well, um, uh, potentially yes! (laughing)

IESB: Is there something that attracts you to revisit a character again? Characters lives usually end with the credits, but to revisist them again in sequels and such, what attracts you do that?

WS: Let me tell you, I would do up to Bad Boys 6 if I could, alright, I have so much fun working with Martin Lawrence. I love Miami, it's like that little boy fantasy, it's fast cars and girls and I got the gun and the bad guys always lose, you know! It's like, I would make Bad Boys forever.

IESB: There was talk that Devlin and Roland wanted to do a sequel to Independance Day. What happened there?

WS: It was an idea, Roland never loved it so I'm here if he loves it, I'll consider all ideas.

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_e...mp;article=5900

I have a feeling there will be 1 more Bad Boys movie in the next 3 years (give or take). I also have a feeling that if the sequels 2 I Am Legend and Hancock happen, they will be the last of those movie. I don't see a need for them and if they are made, i doubt they'll actually keep trying