JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jennifer Hudson's Mother & Brother Killed

MissAshley

Police Confirm Body Found Is Hudson's Missing Nephew

Boy Missing Since 'Dreamgirls' Actress' Mother, Brother Were Found Shot in Home

The body found in a sports utility vehicle on Chicago's West Side Monday morning has been identified as Julian King, the 7-year-old nephew of Oscar-winning actress and singer Jennifer Hudson.

Chicago Police Superintendent Jody Weis confirmed the Hudson family's worst fears at a press conference Monday afternoon.

The 7-year-old's body was found in the back seat of a white Chevrolet Suburban that police had been looking for since Friday, when he went missing and Hudson's mother and brother were found shot to death in their home on Chicago's South Side.

Police discovered Julian's body and the missing vehicle about 10 miles southeast of the Hudson family home.

According to law enforcement sources quoted in the Chicago Tribune Monday afternoon, King had been shot multiple times.

"We're just sad. We're going through this stage where we're just sad and in shock," Hudson's aunt, Dorothy Hudson, told the Associated Press Monday. She and her husband, John, own a Chicago funeral home that plans to handle arrangements for the family.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/st...4149&page=1

-------------------------------------

Damn. RIP :therain:

This is just an awful story. It just gets more and more tragic. It has nothing 2 do with American Idol, music, or anything. I put myself in the shoes of anyone going thru' this and i just can't imagin the pain and confusion those involved are experiencing. What makes someone do something like this? I guess anyone who was there is now dead making it hard 2 figure out what happened. I send my thoughts and prayers out 2 those effected. May justice be served.

Not 2 make light of this news, but Jennifer's album is REALLY good. If u like R-N-B, u should like her album alot.

This is horrible news. It's just hard to believe someone can kill other person but it's harder to believe that someone can kill a poor little kid. This is so sad....

R.I.P

And yes AJ, her album is fantastic!

there was a child's body just found in an SUV, i'm hoping it's not him

That sounds like it makes a diffrence if it's Jennifeer's kid or the kid from any other person. Anyway, its sad that he is dead too. R.I.P.

well I certainly didn't mean it that way, and for you to even go there given the circumstances is really petty. when the story first broke they were just saying it was a body, then they were saying it was the body of a child, when I made that statement I meant it in general terms that I hoped it just wasn't true at all, which you would have realized had you bothered to copy my whole quote, but anyway it's a silly argument. I'm praying for Jennifer and her family.

I didnt think you was intending to say something like that. I'm just saying it looked like that. I wasnt trying to attack you or anything.

• 3 weeks later...

Jennifer Hudson Thanks Fans for "Love and Concern" on Blog

By Us Magazine

51 minutes ago

celebs:Taylor SwiftKanye WestJustin TimberlakeJoe JonasJennifer HudsonJamie-Lynn Sigler

Jennifer Hudson arrives at the premiere of "The Secret Life Of Bees" held at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences on October 6, 2008 in Beverly Hills, CA.Us Magazine Jennifer Hudson wants her fans to know how important they are in helping her bounce back from her recent family tragedy.

In a message posted on her MySpace page Thursday, she writes:

"I want to thank each and every one of you for your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. My sister and I take great comfort and strength from your love and concern. jhud"

See Jennifer Hudson's family album.

The Oscar-award winning actress' mother, Darnell, and brother, Jason, were found shot to death in their Chicago home on Oct. 24.

Just three days later, the body of Julian, her nephew, was found.

Earlier this month, mourners gathered in a Chicago church for hours to sing songs and recount stories about the family.

Has any celeb dealt with something on this level of pain while they were popular and promoting something? She is handling the whole thing very well. I'm impressed.

R-N-B really should check her album, it's one of the best R-N-B albums in recent years.