JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jennifer Hudson's Mother & Brother Killed

MissAshley

this is so sad. somebody killed her mom and brother and kidnapped her little nephew, it's all over the news here.

Report: Jennifer Hudson's Mom Killed On South Side

Police Now Searching For Man, 7-Year-Old Boy On North Side

CHICAGO (CBS) ― The 57-year-old mother of Academy Award-winning actress Jennifer Hudson was found dead in a South Side residence Friday afternoon, the family's pastor confirmed.

Darnell Hudson Donnerson was one of two adults found fatally shot at a home at 70th Street and Yale Avenue, said Willie Davis, pastor of Progressive Baptist Church, where Jennifer Hudson has been a member.

"This is a very sad day to get that kind of news," Davis said. "This is really going to be a major, major blow to such a wonderful person … But we know through our faith in God she'll get through it."

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/jennifer.huds...r.2.848234.html

Authorities search for Hudson's nephew

CHICAGO (WLS) -- The mother and brother of singer and Oscar-winning actress Jennifer Hudson were found shot to death inside a home Friday.

Police have confirmed Hudson's mother, Darnell Hudson Donerson, 57, is one of the deceased. The other victim has been identified as Jennifer Hudson's brother, Jason S. Hudson, 29.

The home where the bodies were discovered aruond 3 p.m. Friday is at 7019 S. Yale in Chicago's Englewood neighborhood. Property records indicate the home belongs to Donerson.

A search is under way for a young boy who is missing from the home. A child, possibly Jennifer Hudson's 7-year-old nephew, Julian King, is missing, according to sources. Police are searching for an SUV that was seen in the area - a 1994 white Suburban, Illinois license plate number X584859.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=n...&id=6468863

Edited by MissAshley

That's awful. It's hard enough to loose one person that's close 2 u, but 2 loose 2 and not know where the other is is just terrifying. My prayers go out 2 the family and i hope all that can be restored is.

What a sad story, I can't that happened, prayers go out to the family

It was him. smh @ this whole situation. what kind of heartless bastard kills a little kid?

A boy's body found in missing Chevy Suburban

October 27, 2008 at 9:39 AM | Comments (0)

A child's body was found in the vehicle police were looking for in their search for 7-year-old Julian King, the missing nephew of Oscar-winning actress Jennifer Hudson.

The 1994 white Chevrolet Suburban with Illinois license plate X584859 was found in the 1300 block of South Kolin Avenue around 8 a.m. Live TV shots showed a white Chevrolet Suburban being towed away.

The Cook County medical examiner's office has sent investigators to the scene and said the body of a black boy was found inside, an office spokesman said. The child had not been identified.

A Chicago police spokesman released no information about the discovery.

Julian was reported missing and an Amber Alert was issued Friday after his grandmother and uncle were found shot to death inside the family's home in the 7000 block of South Yale Avenue.

If the boy is identified as Julian King, it will confirm detectives' worst fears because a law enforcement source said bullet casings were found in the boy's room on Friday.

Chicago police have interviewed William Balfour, 27, the estranged husband of the boy's mother, Julia Hudson. He was initially described by police as a suspect in the investigation.

Balfour has denied involvement in the killings or the disappearance of the boy, law-enforcement sources said. But at some point, Balfour stopped talking to authorities, sources told the Tribune.

On Sunday morning, Balfour was transferred to a state facility after officials said he violated conditions of parole for a 1999 conviction for attempted murder. On Sunday, Illinois Department of Corrections spokeswoman Januari Smith said Balfour violated his parole because he is a suspect in the slayings and the boy's disappearance.

According to law-enforcement sources, Balfour's alibi the day of the killings has been contradicted by his girlfriend. Police searched Balfour's girlfriend's house for several hours Friday night after taking him into custody. Her home is located about 2.5 miles from where the SUV was found this morning.

Balfour and Julia Hudson had been separated for some time, his family members said. A family friend said Balfour recently had threatened to take Julian away.

A family member of the girlfriend's said police have interviewed her. Police also tracked Balfour's whereabouts Friday through his cell phone, sources said.

Also on Sunday, Jennifer Hudson, who gained stardom after appearing on "American Idol," and then won an Academy Award for the movie "Dreamgirls," offered a $100,000 reward for the return of her nephew.

Dan Blake and Noreen S. Ahmed-Ullah, Chicago Tribune

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2008/10...-west-side.html

there was a child's body just found in an SUV, i'm hoping it's not him

That sounds like it makes a diffrence if it's Jennifeer's kid or the kid from any other person. Anyway, its sad that he is dead too. R.I.P.

well I certainly didn't mean it that way, and for you to even go there given the circumstances is really petty. when the story first broke they were just saying it was a body, then they were saying it was the body of a child, when I made that statement I meant it in general terms that I hoped it just wasn't true at all, which you would have realized had you bothered to copy my whole quote, but anyway it's a silly argument. I'm praying for Jennifer and her family.