JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What happened to K. Fingers!

• Admin

I've always wondered what happened to Hula & K. Fingers.. well I may actually have a lead...

http://www.ballerstatus.com/article/features/2005/02/0689/

Juice: New Beginnings

Published: Wednesday - February 16, 2005

Words by Ruben Diaz

Juice

MC Juice is no longer. The MC known for engaging in the now-legendary verbal joust with MC Supernatural is no longer. The MC known for his upper-echelon off the top of the dome rhyming skills is no longer. The MC who beat Eminem in a battle in 1997, is no longer. Juice knocked the MC off his name (though he isn't any less of an emcee) and is back on the scene to build a new legacy, with his music, not his battling.

yadda yadda

BallerStatus.com: Have you done ghost-writing for any artists?

Juice: When I first moved back to Chicago from L.A., I began working with Clubhouse Entertainment. I was part of a writing team that produced "Summertime" by Will Smith, "The Kissing Game" by High Five, "Pass the Toilet Paper" by OutHere Brothers. I would freestyle in the booth and if there were any hot lines to be used, they would use 'em. I didn't really understand publishing at the time and didn't really care because those cats kind of took me in. We got sued by Kool and the Gang for the sample and nobody made money. It let me know that I had what it took to be a writer though. I am still working with the producer of "Summertime" (K Fingers aka AZZA). Everyone in Chicago knows he's still my guy. We just wrote and produced an album for a new artist, and I'm re-writing "Summertime" for him (He's a shorty, so we think it could work again). We'll see.

• 3 weeks later...

I waz listening 2 Homebase the a week or 2 ago and was wondering the same thing. I gotta single by some Hip-Hop group from the early 90's that they also produced. I know they did work with another artist or group on Jive from back in the day...maybe Smooth, Nuttin' Nyce. I also both of them or one of them (Hula or K. Fingers) producing a remix for Mya's "All About Me."

I had no idea he waz going by Azza now....he has remixed alot of Beyonce's and Destiny's Child's biggest hits. Really good remixes at that!!

Thanks for that info Tim, K. Fingers is a great producer