JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Bow Wow now wants to be Will Smith

Ale

Bow Wow to focus on acting

Hip-hop star released six albums

By Nellie Andreeva

May 23, 2008, 01:00 AM

Actor-rapper Shad Moss, aka Bow Wow, is focusing on acting full time.

Moss has joined the upcoming fifth season of HBO's "Entourage" in a recurring role, playing Charlie, a new stand-up comic client of E (Kevin Connolly).

Additionally, he has landed a role opposite Forest Whitaker and Isaiah Washington in the Weinstein Co.'s sports drama "Patriots," about a high school basketball team in post-Katrina Louisiana.

"After 16 years in the music industry and six successful albums, I've decided to shift my energy to something else I'm passionate about, acting," Moss said. "I'm going to try to be the next Will Smith."

Like Moss, Smith started off as a rapper before segueing into acting.

Moss released a collaborative album last year with fellow recording star Omarion titled "Face Off." Later this year, he is set to return to the studio to work on his seventh album, titled "H.I.M. (History in Making)."

On the acting side, he recently wrapped the indie "Driving Lessons" and has appeared in the features "Roll Bounce," "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift," "Johnson Family Vacation" and "All About the Benjamins."

He is repped by UTA and manager Teresa Caldwell.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...c0bf147987b5bc0

I believe that "16 years" quote is refering 2 him being in the intro of Snoop's "Gin + Juice" music video. I hardly call that the start of a career. He's been doing his thing for a respectable 9 years with some good songs, some bad songs, but mostly average songs. He's got more staying power than any of the dirty south rappers and he has the flow to have a decent career in Hip-Hop. He just needs 2 take his attitude and music 2 a different place. But "next Will Smith" comment is a stretch but at least he's dreaming big.

All I could say to Bow Wow is good luck, he sure can't be on the same level as Will as an mc, and it's gonna take a long way for him to be a great actor as Will