JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

NEW CHANTE MOORE ALBUM

By Jawn Murray, BlackVoices.com

Gold-selling R&B darling Chante Moore has inked a new solo record deal with Peak Records.

She will unveil her first solo offering since 2000's 'Exposed' when her forthcoming release, 'Love The Woman' hits stores on June 17.

The set is being led by the first single, 'Ain't Supposed To Be.'

'Love The Woman' also features Moore's cover of the Minnie Ripperton classic, 'Give Me The Time,' the song that was played when she walked down the aisle during her wedding to R&B crooner Kenny Lattimore six years ago.

The 38-year-old vocalist reunites with her longtime musical mentor George Duke (Anita Baker, Regina Belle) on 'Love The Woman,' in addition to her collaborating with Raphael Saadiq (Mary J. Blige, D'Angelo) and Warryn Campbell (Mary Mary, Jamie Foxx) on the CD.

Best known for hits like 'Chante's Got A Man,' 'Love's Taken Over' and 'Its Alright,' the San Francisco-bred singer released two duets compilations with her husband.

In 2003 the couple released a collection of their interpretation of R&B classics on 'Things That Lovers Do;' and in 2006 the pair delivered a double-disc called 'Uncovered/Covered,' which included one R&B and a gospel CD.

Moore is currently on tour with jazz great Norman Brown and has dates scheduled through Sept. She appeared on a song called 'Feeling The Way' on Brown's 'Just Chillin' release.

For details on the tour visit www.ChanteMooreOnline.com.

What are u talking about Visco? YOU mean to tell me that you dont know about Chante Moore???

You have GOT to be kidding me, right? We gots 2 schooL u baby!!! lol. When Chante & kenny were expecing a baby, some time back,

I went to see them live at the FOX in Atlanta, and brought them a gift basket and a huge box of candy and a card from all the fans on the board...

man... u guys dont know how dedicated I have been.. LOL... ok back on subject..

yea that. lol

xo,

cookie