JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

2 New LL Songs

Turntable

And I got "Aint Nobody" which is a funky song, about a girl. That is a really great song.

http://download.yousendit.com/5369B10F2BC5B90E

You are kidding about this song right?? This song is 12 years old!!! It was on the Beavis and Butthead do America soundtrack released in 1996 :stickpoke:

Wazn't a demo version of this already released? I know i heard the lyrics b4. I swear it waz a staight Hip-Hop beat tho'. I don't mind the beat under the verses, but under that idiotic hook, the beat gets real annoying. Why is Lil' Crappy on the joint tho'...this colabo makes no sense. He definitly only takes away from the with the off-topic chorus...and the "'ey"s are annoying. This new version is making me loose some hope in the album. He needs 2 get off Def Jam and so good music again!

I like the experimental beat alot. The message is alright but i can't get used LL cussing again...at least not this much. His modern flow with the cussing just doesn't sit well with me. This isn't 2 bad at all but i'm looking for the album AFTER this one.

I'm not as optimistic about it as you, AJ. It's not like LL has zero input on any of this crap. SO FAR he's got: Lil Scrappy, Jim Jones, 50 Cent, Lloyd Banks, Tony Yayo, and Hot-Rod.

You're right, these lyrics were originally part of a different song, a better song. This has a different beat, a hook that has no damn relevance to the song, and Lil Scrappy. SCREW this song. Screw this album. It's a cop out.

God Blessa!

Being optimistic towards this album is darn near impossible. It's forced on my end. I believe 100% that LL is just doing this next album 2 get off the label the once was Def Jam. There's no reason 2 stick around. None of his legendary-status peers are on it and the label only puts out 2 or 3 good releases each year. After all of the albums he's done, especially since his 2002 comeback and after all the interviews he's given, it's hard 4 me 2 believe that the current trax are close 2 LL's heart and that he feels they are his best work. I think he's kinda out of his element there and is just doing the bare minimum. After a label change and break i'm sure he'll be coming back with something much better. I mean, this is LL Cool J...he can't stay in a rut forever.

When is this album gonna come out? It's been about 2 years since he originally said he was gonna release it, I think "Whatcha Hood Like" is average for his standards and "Ain't Nobody" is one of the classic mid 90s tracks, the video's got a lot of cool cameos like Martin Lawrence, Carlton from FBOA, and former NBA star John Salley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fPhDBIUTxU

Edited by bigted