JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

IAL DVD: news

Ale

I Am Legend (US HD) in March/April

Warner Home Video have announced the US Blu-ray Disc release of I Am Legend on 18th March 2008 followed by the HD DVD release on 8th April 2008. Retail is $35.99 SRP each. The most recent adaptation of Richard Matheson’s novel of the same name stars Will Smith and is directed by Francis Lawrence.

Arriving day-and-date on Blu-ray Disc and a few weeks later on HD DVD Combo, features are TBC though both will include the original theatrical cut and the alternate theatrical cut plus the 4 animated comics found on the DVD release.

dvd1rx0.jpg

dvd2be1.jpg

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=66914

I Am Legend (R1) in March

Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of I Am Legend on 18th March 2008. The most recent adaptation of Richard Matheson’s novel of the same name stars Will Smith and is directed by Francis Lawrence.

Available in single-disc (Widescreen or Full Screen, $28.98 SRP) and double-disc (Special Edition, $34.99 SRP) versions, features are detailed below…

Single-Disc Editions:

* English, French and Spanish DD5.1 Surround

* English, French and Spanish subtitles

* 4 Animated Comics: Death As A Gift, Isolation, Sacrificing the Few for the Many and Shelter

* DVD-ROM: Databank chronicling the movie’s creation and exploring the history and current status of life-threatening viral infections

Two-Disc Special Edition - As above plus a second disc with an “Alternate Theatrical Version” that features a “controversial ending”. The running time for the alternate version is 104mins compared to the original version’s 100mins.

dvd3vi0.jpg

dvd4bn1.jpg

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=66913

thanks for the info!!! I'll get the 2 disc special edition, if I have the money lol I like better the cover of the widescreen version thou.

"controversial ending" ?? not rated?? that sounds very interesting!!!! I really want to see if in the "new version" is that kiss scene JAda talked about in an interview 'coz I have no idea how different the end could be including that :worried:

Wills movies are extremely light on features lately.. only reason to get this is for the alternative ending

Yeah, I can't wait to see that ending, which will explain this pic:

14409147qp6.jpg

I also want to see the part when Neville, Anna and Ethan are in the street:

50226764kb5.jpg

iipo5.jpg

iiian7.jpg

Ahh, I love special features! :lolsign: :thumbsup:

ivlr6.jpg

Edited by Ale

• Admin

Wills movies are extremely light on features lately.. only reason to get this is for the alternative ending

...and to be able to watch it over and over again until you can recite every line.

these days i only get dvds if they have good special features..commentaries n stuff.. i havent even got pursuit on dvd..

does anyone know what the original ending was?

i heard on imdb that

when Will was stuck in the lab instead of killing himself he swapped the zombie girl he had just cured in return for the alpha male to spare his life, that would explain the picture of him breathing down his neck, so basically Will lives.

This is what i read on imbd tho so it could be very wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the back of the 1 disc DVD case...

iamlegendr1artpic3.jpg

I'm really pissed about the lack of special features.. C'mon! No commentary or behind the scenes? This movie was a huge hit, why cant WB make some efforts for the dvd?!

Edited by viber_91