JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

1 of my english assignements

Hero1

• Admin
look at what i did for 1 of my english assignments...

“Who Am I?”

I was born September 12th 1968. I was the second of four children and grew up in middle class West Philadelphia. After charming my way out of trouble many times I earned the nickname “Prince” from my grade-school teachers.

At the age of twelve I began rapping and shortly after met Jeff Townes at a party. Together we began performing as DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince and soon secured a recording deal. I released my first record with Jeff before finishing school, which had tremendous success. After finishing school I was offered a scholarship and M.I.T but turned it down to pursue a show-business career. I released a second album with DJ Jazzy Jeff in 1988. This album went platinum and we won a Grammy for the crossover-hit single “Parents Just Don’t Understand.”

By the time I was eighteen I became a millionaire but due to bad management was deeply indebted to the IRS. After a sales slump for our third album in ’89 I was looking for something different when I met Warner Bros. Executive Benny Medina. Medina had been pitching an idea for a sitcom based on his life about his life in Beverly Hills. It turned out that I was perfect to play the part and after impressing NBC executives with a reading of the script they bought the concept on the spot. Quincy Jones who helped me establish a well-connected professional family, which included Bill Cosby, Denzel Washington, Sidney Poitier, and Whoopi Goldberg produced the show. At 23 I had recouped most of my losses and paid back all of my debts. I was now starring in the hit sitcom “The Fresh Prince of Bel Air” which was a huge success and brought me household name status.

In 1991 I released my fourth album with Jeff, “Homebase.” This featured the top 10 hit single, “Summertime” which earned us another Grammy and another platinum album. In 1992 I married Sheree Zampino who later gave birth to my son. The sitcom continued for 6 years and has since gone on to a lucrative syndicated career.

During this time I released another album, “Code Red” which had limited success in America but had huge commercial success worldwide. It featured the UK and Australian number 1 single, “Boom! Shake the Room.” I then forayed into the movie business with my first starring role as a gay con artist in “Six Degrees of Separation.” This movie brought me great critical acclaim and established myself as a great actor.

In 1995, I co-starred in another feature film alongside Martin Lawrence “Bad Boys.” This movie was a surprise box-office hit and established my box office drawing power. During the same year just as my stardom was rising my marriage fell apart and in December 1995 we got divorced. I then concluded my sitcom after six years and chose to focus on my movie career.

My movie asking-price-salary had risen to 5 million and I chose to star in one of the biggest grossing movies of all time “Independence Day.” “ID4” as it was known broke box office records worldwide and continued my constant climb to the top.

I next chose to star in “Men In Black.” This SCI-fi-action-comedy was released in the summer of 1997 in America. It was another huge success earning over 200 million dollars at the box office. This movie cemented my box office drawing power and I now joined the 20 million-dollar club in asking prices for movies. I am now one of the hottest movie stars of the ‘90’s and continue on a steady climb to the top.

Men In Black also re-established my music career. After a four-year absence from the music business I recorded the title track for the Men In Black Soundtrack. This song was accompanied by a spectacular music video, which has been very successful. That song as well as another song by myself on the Men In Black Soundtrack helped the album reach number 1 on the US Billboard Charts. The single was released in the UK and debuted at no. 1, ending Puff Daddy and Faith Evans 6 week run at the top of the charts.

This success prompted a new multi million dollar deal with Columbia records. My first solo album will be released at the end October 31st. My last name is Smith and my first name begins with the letter W. Therefore I am…

lmbo wow prince how did u ever get that.

I wish i did assignments like that in school.

the only thing i did was an assignment on sitcoms and i mentioned fpoba a few times and quoted it, and my teacher said she had never seen it. :cya: Edited by Jazzy Julie

Guest Prince
Eskimos, Aboriginees... Etc. I also don't know much about what's going on at all in the world. Apart from what I hear here, and from conversations and watching the news on TV once a month.

• Admin
funny story..i was wearing my men in black shirt at 1 of my uni classes..and the teacher is like "who is the men in black?" this is after its been one of the biggest movies of all time..and the whole class is like "what?!!??#^#&" :nhawong:

[quote=Hero1,Aug 21 2004, 11:24 PM]funny story..i was wearing my men in black shirt at 1 of my uni classes..and the teacher is like "who is the men in black?" this is after its been one of the biggest movies of all time..and the whole class is like "what?!!??#^#&" :nhawong:[/quote]
How did u react? :kekeke:

Guest Prince
[quote=Hero1,Aug 22 2004, 04:24 AM]funny story..i was wearing my men in black shirt at 1 of my uni classes..and the teacher is like "who is the men in black?" this is after its been one of the biggest movies of all time..and the whole class is like "what?!!??#^#&" :nhawong:[/quote]
lol :kekeke: :nhawong: :eek4: