JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Should FP goto Rapster Records?

Should FP goto Rapster Records?   

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should FP goto Rapster Records?

• Yes
    • No

The reality is Will and Jeff could record an album in 1 month..and be selling it on itunes a couple of months later via Overbrook.. they don't even need a "record label" if all they want to do is make some music and put it out for the real fans..

Agreed. FP just needs to realize that one year without 20 mill wont kill him especially since Jada is making money too, plus the two of them could stop working and be set for life. There's just no excuses with Will anymore. He's one album shy of 10. Thats a milestone. He should be excited to get that done.

The internet is a huge resource this day and age. Like I was saying earlier, who needs a label? Nobody makes money from just music alone anymore unless your a big name with a big push. At least keep some new material on iTunes and let the real fans enjoy.

I agree with both of y'all. However, while "Men In Black" may have been his "comeback"...it's also the reason that some people don't take him serious. Not the time between the albums dropping.

That's just stupid. He was rapping and reinacting the movie. Will Smith is big enough, he could probably sell just as much as Born To Reign in the street (not literally, but raw to the point he's with the people). And how successful was "Switch" online?!? And with Big Willie Style, every song was a hit and could've been a single. That's probably one of the reasons it was so successful. He was with a big company, sampled it up. So it's a wonder how much money Will really got. But then again, he had a huge success in those series of movies. We shouldn't act like Will can't have a low point in his career. Everybody has had them.

And at this rate, I don't think I care to see another JJFP album, or even one more. Or maybe JJFP is a lot like Black Star. Kweli said that Black Star is better live. Maybe it's the same with JJFP. That's the aspect they present. I mean who doesn't wanna see JJFP live? If they do at least one more, Jeff can put the beats together, and send them to Will so he can record in his home studio, then go right back to Jeff and his crew to mix and engineer. Also, if they do go on one last huge tour, they can sell their cds at the show, and put it in local outlets. Will's got a family. Let him take it easy and make money off of his money outlets. His production company, JJFP albums, his solo albums, his movies, etc.

After reading what everybody has said in this topic, this is where I got my mind made up.

I would actually prefer to see a proper JJFP concert than get a new album from them and not have a tour. What they have released is already dear in my heart i would much rather to see it performed than just another great album to add to the ones i already have.

JJ+FP is amazing live...but i honestly rather have a new album. It's just been soooooooo long. I want it more than anything. It'll hold me over much longer than a show. If they only wanna tour, that's fine...then release a live album!!

• 2 weeks later...