JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

GYM CLASS HEROS

I've been lovin' this album 4 a month or so now. I don't know if anyone here cares about them or has heard them. But since so many people here love Hip-Hop that's fun and creative, i urge u guys 2 check them out.

At the moment, their hit single "Cupid's Chokehold." It's a weird mix of Hip-Hop with a dash of radio friendly poppish rock. The lyrics on every song are witty and creative. I haven't heard lyrics consistantly unique like this since the early 90's. Even Speech from Arrested Development pops up on a hook on the song "Biters Block."

Anyways, anyone who is gonna peep them out, check the following songs...Cupid's Chokehold, New Friend Request, 7 Weeks, It's OK, But Just This Once!, Biters Block, On My Own Time. The joints are good 2, including the acappella Sloppy Love Jingles.

If i waz 2 label them, i'd said they are 85% Hip-Hop...but either way, they are the most interesting thing i've heard in Hip-Hop in years. The Fort Minor album waz dope, but not as much of a stretch as Gym Class Heros.