JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Beastie Boys Eyeing Summer For New Album

bigted

Beastie Boys Eyeing Summer For New Album

Beastie Boys

March 05, 2007, 10:20 AM ET

Jeff Vrabel, Bluffton, S.C.

An uncharacteristically short three years after their last disc, 2004's "To the 5 Boroughs," the Beastie Boys are putting the finishing touches on a new record. "Hopefully that'll be out this summer, too," group member Adam Yauch tells Billboard.

Though he remained characteristically tight-lipped about details, Yauch says the Beasties plan to air out some of the new material in a series of dates this summer, including a headlining slot at the Sasquatch Festival, to be held May 26-27 at the Gorge Amphitheatre in George, Wash.

From there, the Beastie Boys head to Europe for a series of festival dates. The band also plays a headlining set in Paris on June 26.

As first reported here Friday, Yauch has also produced a new record by the original lineup of Bad Brains, "Build a Nation," due in late May or early June via Megaforce.

Here are the Beastie Boys' tour dates:

May 27: George, Washington (Sasquatch Festival)

June 10: Lisbon (Alive! Festival)

June 17: Istanbul (Efes Pilsen One Love Festival)

June 22: Scheessel, Germany (Hurricane Festival)

June 24: Neuhasen, Germany (Southside Festival)

June 26: Paris (Le Zenith)

June 28: Werchter, Belgium (Rock Werchter Festival)

June 30: Gdynia, Poland (Heineken Festival)

I can't say i've ever been a huge Beastie Boy fan. I've seen a few of their old albums really cheap and picked 'em up. I do like them, but they aren't my paticular flava so i don't listen 2 them often. But i definitly think they are relevant 2 Hip-Hop and it's good 2 hear someone of their caliber dropping an album in these dark days of Hip-Hop and Rap.