JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

a story that has rocked the tri-state area

sonic1988

the governor of new jersey has just come out of the closet and he has said that he is gay!!!! I live in NYC but it has really rocked this area!! the Governor is also leaving office due to this I would just like to know what everyones views on this!!!

I gotta say that if you are gay that's your own thing its not like I run around yelling "I scored last night with a hot blonde" because that's a personal thing so I still don't get the big deal about someone being gay.

I read about this. I have nothing against gay people at all. I know quite of few of them but i think this guy didn't need 2 share it with everyone. What's up with that. That only causes problems. He's a govener that nobody knows about or cares about (unless u live in Jersey). What waz the point of telling everyone he's gay and that he had an affiar with a guy while he's married with kids. He could have stepped down if that's what he wanted but i think this is one of the dumbest people ever....not cuz he's gay, but cuz he thinks people care and that he should share it with everyone when otherwise, we wouldn't know. Dumb people annoy me.

[font="Arial"][color=blue]YOU're right. PPl that do stupid things like that, really make me sick. Maybe his "lover" challenged him to see how much he loved him...now hes out of a job,...and his family prolly feels rediculed,... I don't have nothing against gay ppl either, and when things like this happen...it not only confuses me, but makes me mad because of the ppl that will be hurt as a result ...

I saw Rosie O'Donnell on tv kissing her lesbian lover, in spite of/contesting to something that President Bush said,...and Im not sure if its a "gay pride" thing or their "standing up" is on a rise,...but back to the original post/topic...

I see no relevence as to why the NJ governor felt the urge to disclose his personal business like that, unless he is just "standing up" and simply coming clean, regardless of whomever he hurts in the meantyme (kids, wife, family) or was being blackmailed to resign from office... Everybody deserves happiness,...but i feel sorry 4 his kids & wife that had to find out like this, along with the rest of the world...what kind of father would redicule his kids by making an announcement like that...

i dunno...

peace,
3cookies [/color][/font]

Hey I live in NJ, in my opinion this guy embarassed our state 'cause he's supposed to be representin' for us in the government and he didn't handle the situation the right way, there was no need for him to come out and say "hey i'm gay!" :bang:

[quote=bigted,Aug 13 2004, 06:48 AM]Hey I live in NJ, in my opinion this guy embarassed our state 'cause he's supposed to be representin' for us in the government and he didn't handle the situation the right way, there was no need for him to come out and say "hey i'm gay!" :bang:[/quote]
word up man.

I couldn't believe my ears when I first heard this. He's resigned because he didn't wanna cause all this comotion later about another man suing him because of sexual harrassment and he didn't want to have that ring around his neck. Plus if he resigned in 30 days prior to the Presidential election, NJ would hold an election for a new governor, well yesterday it was about 60 days and so now they dont need an election and his vice-governor or whatever, can hold the position for another year and keep those democrats in power. Its all a little sneaky plan that McGreevey thought of.

Now onto his personal life. He is seriously messed up. He said "I've been unsure of my identity.." at the press conference, well you know what? that isn't the case. He needs help. He said he married twice outta "love and respect". How the hell do you get married twice, have a daughter with each other them but still underneath, your a homosexual. Then he has an affair with a man. Now the man was most likely gonna black male him so thats why he admitted it now. A SICK FREAK. This isn't just your typical homosexual, this is a man who has 2 WIVES, 2 DAUGHTERS but still underneath he's really gay. That don't happen everyday folks. If I was any of his wives or even daughters, I would seriously slap the crap outta him so hard. And I'd be embarrased even to be assicoted with him.

[quote=DevilsJim89,Aug 13 2004, 09:27 AM]Plus if he resigned in 30 days prior to the Presidential election, NJ would hold an election for a new governor, well yesterday it was about 60 days and so now they dont need an election and his vice-governor or whatever, can hold the position for another year and keep those democrats in power. Its all a little sneaky plan that McGreevey thought of.[/quote]
Mcgreevey didn't step down as governor yet officially, he won't officially step down until after the 2004 Election, which you're right is very sneaky but I don't specially support one particular party 'cause there's both good and bad politicians in both Democrats and Republicans. For example I don't like President Bush that much anymore and he's a Republican, last year I thought that he was doing a good job in having us fight Iraq but now the way I see it, this is looking like Vietnam all over again, us fighting over there now is a lost cause, and it's not helping that we lost a lot of jobs here in America, it's disheartening to hear that all the new jobs comin' are the jobs in retail like what I'm currently doing, I mean now what would be the point of going to school for this new generation if the only job u could get out of high school and even college is retail jobs where you're making minimum wage, that's why everyone wants to rap and play ball now, we need to have someone like Kerry in office that'll bring us hope, but at the same time I don't like all Democrats 'cause I think that Mcgreevey is a horrible governor regardless of this sex scandal, when he raised our taxes, took away our healthcare, and raised car insurance to a record high, on top of that he's taking away our NBA team to Brooklyn, making people hate to live in NJ, damn I'm glad as hell I could vote now! Edited by bigted