JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The Roots-Game Theory

Turntable

So, I went to the Record Store yesterday, to pick up Nas's Album. I was looking some newer releases, and I decided to check out the Root's newest Album. I picked up along with Hip Hop Is Dead. I'm listening to it all the time now. Man, this Album is a Masterpiece. Musicaly, this is once again amazing. Those guys do things nobody else does. Dont just skip through the album.. Listen to it as a whole, and than you'll see how amazing that album actauly is. I slept on it till now, and I could slep myself for that. I dont know how I'll think after a while, but right now this is easily the best Hip Hop Album this year. Nas's Album is tight, Method Man was amazing, Ghostface killed it, Masta Killa rocked it, Ice Cube's Album is tight, Public Enemy's Album is tight, Game's is tight, Outlawz's & Dead Prez is tight, Outkast was tight, Snoop was dope, Joe was dope.. But man, this is just better to me. At least that's how I think about it now. If it isnt the best Album, than track's like "Cant Stop This", "Long Time" & "Clock With No Hands" shure are ome of the best track's this year.

What do ya'll think? I tryed looking for a Thread, but it seems like we only had Thread's like "Peedie Crack To Join The Root's".

Your right about one thing musically u can't mess with the roots.

I picked the album up this summer...I couldn't really relate to the vibe of the album about that time because it was too dark and deppressing for that time of the year....*nice timing Jigga*....but a couple of months later I put it on and I was pretty happy with it.

My complain is that half of the album is excellent, classic material and the other half isn't as captivating.

Dont feel right....Clock with no hands...the title track...Can't Stop This and Here I come are my faves

• Admin

the roots fell off after illadelph halflife(thats my album) they used to be a band..but now they just make music that any producer could program..they used to play music and have the rappers conform.. now they conform the music to blackthought.. they used to have multiple emcees that went back and forth.. now they just have black thought sounding the same over a repititive track :paperbag:

Guest Guest_JumpinJack AJ_*

I love The Roots, but Tim is right. Their peak waz between their debut and the mid-90's. The late 90's stuff waz good 2. But the 2000+ stuff is hit and miss. Some really good stuff...and stuff that makes u want the really good stuff. In these days tho'...they are still far better than those who get radio airplay. I like Game Theory...it's better than their past 2 albums...at least better than their 2002 album.