JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

MC HAMMER INTERVIEWS -N- NEWZ

I waz lookin' online for info on my favorite emcees the other nite and saved some of the things i came across and i know a few other people will be interested in them. So here's some stuff on MC Hammer.

---------------------------

[u]MC HAMMER 2 BECOME TV DAD[/u] (Newz 2003)

[url="http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2003/12/0909.cfm"]http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2003/12/0909.cfm[/url]

[u]MC HAMMER TURNS 40[/u] (Newz 2002)

[url="http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news.asp?contentID=208287"]http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news.asp?contentID=208287[/url]

--------------------------

MC HAMMER LAUNCHES CLOTHING LINE (Newz 2001)

[url="http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news.asp?contentID=205595"]http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news.asp?contentID=205595[/url]

--------------------------

MC HAMMER: TOO LEGIT - ACTIVE DUTY INTERVIEW

[url="http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/vh1_original_movie_too_legit/series_interviews_int.jhtml?start=1"]http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/vh1_original_...t.jhtml?start=1[/url]

[u]MC HAMMER INTERVIEW WITH DAVEY D[/u] (1997)

[url="http://www.brianchew.org/hdaveyd.html"]http://www.brianchew.org/hdaveyd.html[/url]

[u]MC HAMMER MOVIE / TV CREDITS[/u]

Actor - filmography
(2000s) (1990s)

"Dance Fever" (2003) TV Series (as MC Hammer) .... Judge
Deadly Rhapsody (2001) .... Wizard
... aka Rhapsody (2001)
Right Connections, The (1997) (TV) .... Kendrick Bragg
Cheyenne (1996) (as Hammer) .... Haddox
Reggie's Prayer (1996) .... Ranger
One Tough Bastard (1995) .... Dexter Kane
... aka North's War (1995)
... aka One Man's Justice (1995)
Last Action Hero (1993) (as Hammer) .... Cameo Appearance
"Hammerman" (1991) TV Series (voice) .... Stanley Burrell/Hammerman

Filmography as: Actor, Composer, Himself, Archive Footage, Notable TV Guest Appearances

Composer - filmography

Addams Family, The (1991) (song)
Please Hammer, Don't Hurt 'Em: The Movie (1990) (V)

Filmography as: Actor, Composer, Himself, Archive Footage, Notable TV Guest Appearances

Himself - filmography
(2000s) (1990s)

Rebels of Oakland: The A's, the Raiders, the '70s (2003) (TV) (as MC Hammer) .... Himself (Exec. VP, Oakland A's 1972-1980)
"Surreal Life, The" (2003) TV Series (as Hammer) .... Himself (1st season 2003)
Private Parts (1997) .... Himself
... aka Howard Stern's Private Parts (1997)
History of Rock 'N' Roll, Vol. 5, The (1995) (TV) .... Himself
... aka Sounds of Soul, The (1995) (TV)
Soul Train's 25th Anniversary (1995) (TV) .... Himself
Hammer from the Heart (1992) (TV) .... Himself
19th Annual American Music Awards, The (1992) (TV) .... Himself - Host
Ray Charles: 50 Years in Music (1991) (TV) .... Himself
5th Annual Soul Train Music Awards, The (1991) (TV) .... Himself
18th Annual American Music Awards, The (1991) (TV) .... Himself
MTV Video Music Awards 1990 (1990) (TV) .... Himself
Please Hammer, Don't Hurt 'Em: The Movie (1990) (V) .... Himself/Reverend Pressure

Archive Footage

50 Most Awesomely Bad Songs... Ever (2004) (TV) .... Himself
Everybody Dance Now (1991) (TV) .... Himself

Notable TV Guest Appearances

"Praise the Lord" (1990) playing "Himself" 6 February 2003
"Howard Stern Show, The" (1994) playing "Himself" 22 January 2003
"Praise the Lord" (1990) playing "Himself" 25 July 2002
"Behind the Music" (1997) playing "Himself" in episode: "M.C. Hammer" 24 August 1997
"Behind the Music" (1997) playing "Himself" in episode: "Vanilla Ice"
"Howard Stern Show, The" (1994) playing "Himself" 9 November 1995
"Howard Stern Show, The" (1994) playing "Himself" 8 November 1995
"Martin" (1992) playing "Himself" in episode: "C.R.E.A.M." (episode # 3.22) 6 April 1995
"Arsenio Hall Show, The" (1989) playing "Himself" 17 February 1994
"Saturday Night Live" (1975) playing "Host/Musical Guest" (as Hammer) (episode # 17.8) 7 December 1991
"Amen" (1986) playing "Himself" in episode: "Three Men and a Hammer" (episode # 5.13) 23 February 1991
"Arsenio Hall Show, The" (1989) playing "Himself" 7 April 1989

Just 2 share...i just started talking 2 this guy who seems 2 be a big MC Hammer fan with some connections. He says that MC Hammer plans on releasing and album this year called "Full Blast." I don't know about that album title, but if the music is anything like that track i saw him rip on that show Dance Fever last year, it'll be dope (far better than Active Duty). The guy also said this tho'...he's still kinda scattered about business and financial stuff. I think MC Hammer, along with Fresh Prince is just want the game needs right now. Somebody with talent needs 2 get on the radio.

I'm not a huge MC Hammer fan but I think that he's a lot better than a lot of the talentless rappers out right now and he should be back in the game. He's a minister like KRS-ONE right? I thought it was wack that a lot of people called him a sell out when he was helping other people out. Most rappers are selfish people that don't help people out so they shouldn't diss MC Hammer 'cause at least he has heart, he's not the greatest rapper, but he's a good person for the rap game.

I grew up on him. His "Please Hammer, Don't Hurt 'Em" album waz the 1st Hip-Hop cassette i actually bought (previous JJ+FP, LL, Digital Underground, Run DMC, etc waz all tapped off the radio or off my friends' older siblings' stuff).

I don't think he's lacks on the mic at all, he's got the lyrics, he's got the creativity, he's got the flow and i like his voice. Not 2 mention the fact that he can tear up any stage or dance floor. MC Hammer waz never a sell out. He took the millions he made and put that in2 his community and in2 organizations around the world. He's also waz one of the biggest employers of black people. He'd pay them just 2 stand there (literally). After 2 Legit 2 Quit dried up a little sooner than expected, he fought 2 keep people on (which lead 2 the money troubles).

He is definitly a soilder that Hip-Hop needs right now. He's positive, intellectual, and has a heart of people and the art...that's what makes him a great person.

He can dance better than any MC in hip-hop history period! :werd:

I agree...nobody in any music genre can touch MC Hammer's dance-style other than maybe MJ, James Brown, and TLC. He still can tear it down 2...i saw him on Dance Fever last summer.

When MC Hammer was growing up he was assistant general manager for the Oakland A's, Rickey Henderson mentioned that a couple of years ago in an ESPN interview and he said that MC Hammer was very much involved with the team when he was there by packing the team equipment, handing players meal money, and handling of the team's lineup card. Of course they show that in a couple shows that AJ mentioned, I bet he had a lot of fun working with a major league baseball team! There ain't too many entertainers coming out these days that know how to dance, it's becoming a lost art, 'cause James Brown is in his 70's(there's controversey over his age he's 76 years old right now, though he'll tell u that he's 71 :kekeke: ) and he still has more moves that these young cats comin' out these days don't so i guess he ain't gonna retire from doing shows until he drops 'cause he's still performing, sure Usher got moves but I think that his dance style is too similar to Michael Jackson's to call it creative, MJ and James Brown are immortal when it comes to their skills, but all the troubles they've had wit the law has hurt them image wise. Edited by bigted

• 4 weeks later...
HAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! I'm watching re-runs of the 1st season of The Surreal Life (which featured MC Hammer, Emmanuel Lewis (Webster), Gabrielle (90210's Andrea), one of the Survivor girls, a guy from the Goonies, and Vince Neil from Poison..or some rock group of the 80's). Anyways, i only caught 1 or 2 episodes of it so i'm glad VH-1 is airing it now.

There waz just an epidsode where all the girls when 2 a stip club and the fellas went 2 some place 2 eat. The guy from the Goonies was narrorating the event and stressed how they were kinda worried about eating there cuz of all the young street kids in their. The whole place waz just filled with loud young people and the guys were just sitting at the table all paranoid. Some guys in their 20's recognized Hammer who waz comfortable as could be there. Next thing u know, they are dancing in there having a ball. Everybody waz give kickin' it with Hammer and having a good time. It just goes 2 show that alot of people may clown people like MC Hammer, Fresh Prince, and so on...but young people love and respect the pioneers of real Hip-Hop music...no matter how soft they say they are. Hammer just comands attention and a good time no matter where he is.

A few hours later they are all on this bus and they find out they have 2 go 2 church the next morning. Hammer sheds the pimped out leather gear he had on and gets dressed 2 preach. Of course it waz mad edited for the TV show but u could feel how powerful his sermon waz. He pulled up Vince Neil who waz bitter for the death of his daughter 2 cancer and stopped praying. Hammer drug him up there and stressed the issue. He brought the people 2 their feet, had tears rolling and brought Vince back 2 praying.

Powerful stuff...i just gotta say MC Hammer is the man!! I'm proud 2 say that his Please Hammer, Dont' Hurt 'Em album waz the 1st cassette i officially bought.

p.s. this isn't a religous post...so nobody trip....just sharing 4 those like Jim who are down with da Funky Headhunter.

The discos here are playing MC hammer non stop!! That really cool, cause you can dance all the nite long to "U Can't Touch This"
I wish him success and luck for his new album. I'll buy it if it'll be available here in germany.

jjfp rocks the house