JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Code Red - Fav Track?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't chose a fav track...but here are my top favs...

"Somethin' Like Dis"....new skool JJ+FP...nuff said
"I'm Looking For The One (To Be With Me)"...the beat is thick and perfect. Lyrics are not real focused since it's a laid-back party joint.
"Just Kickin' It"....JJ+FP at it's laid-back best.
"Scream"....on of the best songs ever created 2 be performed live...even tho' i don't think it every waz performed live.
"Shadow Dreams"...JJ+FP isn't known 4 serious, deep trax....but this song is untouchable.
"Twinkle Twinle"...one of their best...period Edited by JumpinJack AJ

• Admin
[quote=JumpinJack AJ,Mar 13 2004, 10:24 PM]I can't chose a fav track...but here are my top favs...

"Scream"....on of the best songs ever created 2 be performed live...even tho' i don't think it every waz performed live.[/quote]
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: that is so true :bowrofl: :bowrofl: man id love to hear scream live :dancingcool: HOOOO!!!

I think JJFP and Jive/BMG kinda screwed Code Red up.

As much as I love I'm Looking for the One(to be with me), it shouldn't have been released as the 2nd single. If anything, Scream or Just Kickin' It would be much better choices.

Those two songs Scream and Just Kickin' it should have been released as singles. I would love to hear those two songs live.

• Admin
[quote=detroit butcher,Mar 15 2004, 01:20 AM]I Wanna Rock. No contest. The flyest lyrics and flow, over a live band and jeff gettin wreck on the wheels. When they slow it down, I almost lose my damn mind![/quote]
hey good to see you post man :peace: did you ever see them perform i wanna rock on the 94 american music awards? now that is dope! :dj: i think jazzy jeffs vibe remix of i wanna rock is probably the best pure hip hop track jjfp has ever done...

• Admin
[quote=DevilsJim89,Mar 15 2004, 02:36 PM]so does anyone else here think Jive/BMG screwed Code Red up? read above?[/quote]
i thought jive did a brilliant job on code red!! they got the artwork..new skool look of jjfp down right..they released 3 singles and 3 videos! to an album that wasnt selling all that well.. and they promoted it!

• Admin
i thought im looking for the one was the perfect 2nd single..maybe they should have done a flashy-er video.. i wanna rock i would never think of that as a single..but jive gets respect for releasing a dope hip hop track sumthin sony would never do.. i think a lot of hip hop fans who would have bought this album and liked it were turned off by boom!

• Admin
yeah but they didnt release somethin like dis.. the song most ppl heard from the album was boom shake the room.. so they thought oh the album must be full of pop-rap stuff so the hip hop heads woulda stayed away from it... :drink: