Will Smith Drops New Freestyle! Read more... ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hero1

Summertime 07 Video + Release Details

Well im glad the single has different versions on, and its great this track finally has another release. Alittle dissapointing its soo late but its awesome to have a JJFP single released again.

Missed opportunity all way round. Summertime, being released in September? Who's dumb ass idea was that? Would also have been nice for them to include Jazzy's original 12" mix, but whatever. Who is this release for?????

Sony/BMG.. that release date is for UK/Europe I'm not even sure they are releasing it in the US

I like it as a smooth alternative to the original (which will never be topped I think!). I also think it's a stupid idea to release one of the biggest summer anthems ever in Sept. It's a dumb idea. Almost like they want it to flop. :(

We are talking about Sony here. They raced 2 get FP off Columbia, put 2gether an uninspired Greatest Hits album and insisted on putting movie soundtrack songs on his Hip-Hop albums. Maybe they'll sign FP for a 1-single deal for a Men In Black 3 song...even tho' no movie is in the works.

We are talking about Sony here. They raced 2 get FP off Columbia, put 2gether an uninspired Greatest Hits album and insisted on putting movie soundtrack songs on his Hip-Hop albums. Maybe they'll sign FP for a 1-single deal for a Men In Black 3 song...even tho' no movie is in the works.

What's funny is Sony/BMG now owns all the Jive records.. It's really a Jive/Zomba release that now comes under Sony/BMG. Someone over there must have been a fan to contact Jeff, and get him to do new remixes to a song thats 17 years old. Jeff has never had a great relationship with Sony, so I'm suspecting it must have been someone on the BMG side since he did it for them.

Jeff's only great relationship with Sony is in the form of his PSP addiction

Jeff's only great relationship with Sony is in the form of his PSP addiction

:lolsign: Why didn't you get him onto the DS Kev?

I tried. Mario must be too cool for him.

Thanx 4 the news! I'm glad we're getting a new single....sure, the timing isn't perfect..but what in this world is!

Dope old skool cover for the single! :-)

I've bid on a DJ Promo CD of this on ebay as apparently its gonna be a download only single according to the guy selling it.