JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

PARIS HILTON released from Jail

3cookies

what do you guys think about this? I think its LUDACRIS!!!! I don't usually start new threads, but I was abit upset when I saw this news, when normally I am not bothered one way or the other.. ugh.. :thumbdown: I hope she doesn't wind up hurting someone's child with her lack of constraint with drinking and driving...

xo,

cookie

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOS ANGELES, June 6 (Xinhua) --6 hours ago.

Hollywood celebrity and socialite Paris Hilton was released from jail this morning, nearly three weeks ahead of schedule, police said.

But she must remain at home for the next 40 days, the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department spokesman Steve Whitmore said.

He said the decision to release Hilton was taken after "extensive consultation" with medical personnel, but he refused to elaborate, citing her privacy rights.

Referring to rumors that Hilton had been infected with a virus, the spokesman said "there was no staph infection, or anything like that."

Whitmore said jail overcrowding was not a factor and that Hilton is now the responsibility of the Los Angeles County Probation Department.

"It is not an early release; it is a reassignment," Whitmore said. "Hopefully, reasonable minds make the right decision."

The 26-year-old Hilton was sentenced to 45 days in jail after a judge found that she violated her probation on alcohol-related reckless-driving charges by repeatedly driving on a suspended license.

Under state sentencing guidelines, she was expected to serve only 23 days, with the Sheriff's Department listing her release date as June 26.

The 26-year-old hotel heiress surrendered herself at the Twin Towers jail in downtown Los Angeles late night Sunday.

The arrangement under which Hilton was allowed to go home actually reinstates the 45-day sentence but gives her credit for five days served, including Sunday, even though she surrendered late Sunday night, Whitmore said.

Paris Hilton may be the biggest waste of a human life i've ever seen. I don't mean 2 just talk about her like that. But her whole attitude and the attention she gets by doing NOTHING amazes me. I loved how they tore her apart at the MTV Movie Awards WHEN SHE WAZ THERE!! I just read a new article that the judge who sentenced her waz really mad 2 hear the news and is considering penalizing the cop u released her and 2day she has 2 appear in court so that judge can do whatever he wants to do. I guess we'll see what happens 2day.

Yeh the charge seemed a lot for what i've always known as people getting away with a lot less for in the past.

But it is stupid how now she is allowed to stay in her own home. Thats harldy prison. I'm sure her home is as big as my whole street.

I think anyone who drinks and drives deserves jail time. It's only one of the dumbest things u can do. Often times that jailtime gets cut down. But they shouldn't have let her out for being sick. That's just idiotic. There's lots of people in jail who have gotten sick...ha ha.

The fact that she was already banned for drink/driving just goes to show that she had no respect for the law or anyone else on the road for that matter! I think she deserved jail time and should have served it in its entirety. It's the only way some people will learn!

What message is this giving out to people? It's ok to drink/drive coz if you get caught you'll only spend a few days in prison????

Regardless of if you agree with the initial ruling or not, that she was let out early, even earlier than her minimum, is highly suspicious. And that it was for "health" reasons as opposed to an appeal or something similar really calls it into question.

Regardless of if you agree with the initial ruling or not, that she was let out early, even earlier than her minimum, is highly suspicious. And that it was for "health" reasons as opposed to an appeal or something similar really calls it into question.

I'm glad the judge who initially sent her there felt the same way too... She think its not fair to have to go back, but welcome to the real world ms Paris... There are medical facilities with personnel in prisons, I'm not too sure how it works in City or County jail tho.. Its more likely the case of being outside here comfort zone, mixed with embarassment, and not being to get what she wants for once in her life... is causing the physical ailments. haha...

she honestly, cant say that she has learned ANYTHING yet... asides mommie n daddy comin to the rescue...

so lets see what she says in another 20 - 45 days.... or so

xo,

cookie