Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Vote in Silver Tiger vs. Concept

Schnazz

Who Won?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Won?

• Silver Tiger
    • Concept

Vote for the winner of the first audio battle! If you haven't heard them yet, give them a listen now:

Silver Tiger's First Verse

Concept's First Verse

Silver Tiger's Second Verse

Concept's Concept Verse

Comments are welcome! Contestants should vote for themselves. Good job to both finalists and everyone who competed!

I just wanna say that I had a lot of fun doing this. I kind of held back due to the walls being so thin at my dorms, but that's life. And Concept, I found a lot of irony in your last verse... Just for the record, or off the record, I wrote my last verse in basically one day, NOT 4, lol. There wasn't even a beat to write it in 4. I'm a busy guy.

There's more I wanna say, but it's mostly that this was fun for me. I've been slow to get back into it but this was a good push.

God Blessa!

its the "smart-ass" tone...well u know yoor voice doesnt sounds like that...you "make" that voice n personally i like rappers who flow wit their onw voices, witout editin or transformin it, vocaly or wit edition programs

Umm... I didn't edit my voice at all. I used Cool Edit to record it and Acid to make the beat fade away.

God Blessa!

tnaw naw..that was jus and example...wat i mean is that u didnt use ya usual tone

Yeah, I'm still confused. Does a rapper need to spit in a monotone voice to get recognition from you? My voice changes all the time in conversation depending on what I'm saying. Especially when I'm joking around. An audio battle definitely fits that bill.

God Blessa!

but the whole track???..i understand to make a funny voice in certain lines no the whole thing

Which is exactly what I did... :stickpoke:

Seriously Luigi, you're making me look like a jerk here. I just rapped it.

God Blessa!

hahaha...well you know..forget it, its your thing i gave my opinion, cant describe it very well, cos my vocabulary in part hehe...n also cos when i heard u, i instantly lost the interest, sorry, na rtist cantb e love by everybody

That's fine. I was just curious. It feels like people have been against me all day.

I just want love!

God Blessa!

lol, you're ahead in the poll, suck it up and be happy! :)

I think I understand where Luigie is coming from. There are parts in your rhymes where you play with your voice, kick it high and what not. I thought it came across well though, I liked what you did.

This was a tough round to vote on, in my mind you two had opposite areas that you shined in. I thought Silver Tiger hit the flow very well, the way he played with the vocals came across great. I especially liked how the flow on the end of the first verse:

"You bumpin' to the gunner's song, shoutin' "Can't we get along?!"

-I'm not sayin' your momma's wrong, you special

But bad things are what happens when you wrestle

-I'd love for this beatdown to continue

So just check the rest when we meet at part two"

I thought Concept's strength was his lyrics, I loved these lines:

"Made the cut by 5 slim minutes

Im done in a 6th the time you gotta be kidding

Im 3 years younger, 3 times your skill

My 3rd final round on this site for Will

That’s 3 times the experience in this field of rhyme

And it’s the 3rd time I’ve claimed it for mine"

A nice play on the original lyrics and it really came together well.

In the end I had to go with Silver Tiger, the deciding factor for me was where Concept tried to play with his voice, I thought that really hurt the rhyme. Both in the part where (I think) he was mocking Silver Tiger and at the very end where he shouts "trophy".