JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Cassidy, Bone Thugs N Harmony, and Eve On Board For Peace Single

bigted

Cassidy, Bone Thugs N Harmony and Eve On Board for Peace Single

By Chris Richburg

Date: 9/14/2006 2:30 pm

This year's International Day of Peace will include a slice of Hip-Hop with the addition of rappers Cassidy, Eve and Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.

The collective, along with fellow artists Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony, Sean Paul, Chris Brown, Floetry, Lyfe Jennings and Mario, will lend their voices to "One Day," a new multi-artist global peace tribute song produced by award-winning producer Swizz Beatz in conjunction with the International Peace Concert.

With its diverse range of artists, Garson Entertainment president Rick Garson believes the song will "relate to everyone and show that peace has no boundaries."

"'One Day' will set the tone for the worldwide star-studded production this fall from the City of Peace, Rome, which is destined to reach an audience of millions, further delivering a message of peace," he said.

Established in 1981 by member governments of the United Nations with a UN General Assembly resolution, the International Day of Peace is devoted to "commemorating and strengthening the ideals of peace, both within and among all nations and people."

The Garson Entertainment-produced concert, held to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the International Day of Peace, will air live from the Coliseum in Rome, Italy on Dec. 9 and be televised globally.

The initiative will kick off Sept. 21 with a press event.

Efforts made during the concert will benefit the cause for peace around the world.

The event is the first of many phases in a full-scale global peace campaign.

For more information on the International Peace Concert visit www.Internationaldayofpeace.com.

Sounds intesting...but posse trax like this keep NOT getting released. So many have been recorded or organized over the past 5 years and only a few have come out...and none of them are really popular or well known.

I think it's ignorant that people like Cassidy who have gun charges on them get 2 participate in stuff like this. Hypicritical and fake if u ask me.

Yeah well I don't see nothing wrong with Cassidy doing this, he's trying to move forward in his life and do something positive,if it was somebody that you liked more that did negative things in the past and got involved with something like this I'm sure you wouldn't call that person hypocritical

U are partly correct...i can't lie. I don't really like Cassidy. But at the same time, Hip-Hop is about being real. When it's not real, it comes across that way, ending up as weak material. Alot of rappers do stuff like this these days for public relations or as part of probation. It's like Jadakiss' "Why." Not alot of fans bought in2 that super positive attempt at doing an introspective song. Many mature listeners thought that move fell flat on its' face.

Well I don't think you could speak for everyone AJ about Jadakiss' "Why", it was one of the most popular songs a couple years ago so somebody had to feel it, it was more popular than most of his hardcore stuff, there's always some people in between that might say stuff like how Jadakiss was soft for doing that type of song, there was people who thought FP doing "Tell Me Why" was biting Jadakiss, there's not anybody out there that has everyone feel them

I think I do get your point about how if those who are doing negative things might get dissed when they do positive things and they get called hypocritical, that's kinda stupid though, it's like they rather just let them continue being negative, that's weak... I heard some people diss DMX's "Lord Give Me A Sign" 'cause of him being arrested quite a bit recently but I can't knock him for trying to do something positive,I feel the same way about Cassidy doing this too even though I ain't a fan, I try not to be bias, can't knock a brother for trying to get out of the negative ways, everybody makes mistakes but they don't mean they can't improve and grow, it ain't a gimmick to be positive, controversey sells records on the most part anyway usually so it can't really be used as a publicity stunt...

Edited by bigted