JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Method Man-4:21...The Day After

Turntable

I`m a big Wutang Fan. Method is one of my favourite Mc`s. But I though his last album wasnt that good. And than it became quiet.. Till now. His new album got released this week (Over here that is). I wrote a lil review for ya`ll.

1. Intro:

Nothin special ofcourse. He spits some nice ryhmes tho.

2. Is It Me:

First real song.. Firts great song! Nice piano beat by Scott Storch, and Meth who is kinda introducing himself. Punchlines.

3. Problem:

Also a good song. Full of punchlines. Great beat, kinda old school. Produced by Erik Sermon.

4. Somebody Done ****ed Upped:

Dobe Beat. Nice base-line. Meth also does a good job. Crazy punchlines and some wordplay.

5. Shaolin Soldier Skit

6. Fall Out:

Dark Track. Dark, futuristic Beat. Meth plays with flows. Dope Track.

7. Dirty Mef Feat. Old Dirty Bastard:

Great Track! Pretty aggresive. A dope verse by Meth, and also a great one by O.D.B. Typical Wutang Beat.

8. 4:20 Feat Streetlife & Carlton Fisk:

Another great, dark beat. (By this time I stardet realising that this has to be the best produced album this year). Dope Flows by Meth, and his quests. Crazy lines and bragin again.

9. Lets Ride Feat. Ginuwine:

This one is for the ladys. Nice smooth beat, with nice lyrics by Meth. And a great hook by Ginuwine.

10. The Glide Feat. Reawkwon & LA The Darkman:

Great, pushing Beat. Great verses by all of them. Kinda aggresive.

11. Kids Skit

12. Got To Have It:

Funky Beat. The system of the track goes like this.. He says "I Gotta Have" and than he names allot of things. And there is a great sample that completes his verses. Funny Track.

13. Say Feat. Lauryn Hill:

Most of ya`ll know this one. Great track. Feel good beat, with Meth talking about all the hating thats going on in the Biz. He once again spits allot of great rhymes on this one. Makes you think..

14. Ya Meen Feat. Fat Joe & Styles P.:

A hard beat, with punching verses. Meth and Fat Joe brag, and talk about how they bring New York back. Some nasty punchlines. Great track. Some of the better Fat Joe verses from the last time.

15. Konichiwa Bitches:

Meth is great again and the beat is also good, but the Track aint realy my thing. Dont know why.

16. Everything Feat. Inpectah Deck & Streetlife:

Good track. Great verses by all of them, with a Wutang Beat. "Wutang, Wutang.. Thats to claim we run ****". That says it all.

17. Walk On Feat. Redman:

Old school beat, with a dope rock sample! Just a Track with pld school feeling. And it`s allways good to hear them together.

18. Pimpin Skit

19. Presidential Mc`s Feat. RZA & Reakwon:

It got the Ninja samples and everything. Typical Wu-Tang track.. Hate it or love it, but it unquestionable shows skills.

20. For Ever Feat. Megan Rochell:

The album finishes with this song.. And its very good. A great love song. Soulful beat, good lyrics and a beautifull hook. What more do you want?

Conclusion: This is a very good album! Probably my favourite album that came out till now (This year I mean. First Ghostfaces banger.. Wutang is killing it this year). There isnt realy a bad track on this. Maybe some wont be your taste, but there isnt realy a bad one. Meth is on a high level, on the whole album, and so are his guestspots. The productiuon is amazing to me. Great to hear, after DMX`s, Cubes and LL`s Album, who only had decent prodcution (to me at least). Lirycaly its Wutang.. It`s allways good. If you thought DMX`s album had some good street stuff, than you gonna love this even more (That is if you can stand Meth).

Ya`ll should at least check this out! The way we somtimes wine about Hip Hop these days, we should support stuff like this for shure! "It`s the M-E-T-H-O-D Man..

I bought this album too. I think it's dope. The beats are not exactly typical to '06, its nice hear that Wu Tang flava every now and then. its good street hip hop there are a couple of nice RnB flavoured love songs, a couple of mad punchline tracks, great tracks with ODB and Redman and the Lauryn Hill joint is amazing. I really liked it although some of the beats and lyrics weren't really my thing.

Have to buy this album scince all you guys thin it's so good... but i don't have the money right now...been spending like 100 bucks on CDs this month! But now i kno what to buy next!

I'm probably gonna get this album sometime this week when I pick up The Roots' album, it's been a pretty great summer for hip-hop with all these hot albums out