JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Wyclef Gets "Second Wind", Working On New LP

bigted

Wyclef Jean Gets "Second Wind," Working On New LP

Tuesday - August 8, 2006 by Jolene "foxxylady" Petipas

Wyclef Jean, one third of the Grammy award winning group The Fugees, has begun working on his sixth solo album.

Titled The Second Wind, Jean has already crafted songs with Mary J Blige and Shakira and plans to collaborate with other big names in the music industry.

"I plan to go get Carlos Santana, Shakira, Destiny's Child, Whitney, everybody I've worked with and write these real crazy songs with these wild arrangements and bring them to the world," Jean told AOL Music. "I wrote six tracks so far. I've already got the Mary J. Blige track cut -- it's called 'What About the Baby.' Right now my first single is a song called 'L-O-V-E' that we recorded with Shakira, so look out for that."

According to Jean, The Second Wind will hit stores on the summer of 2007.

As SOHH previously reported, Jean recently signed a deal with HBO to produce and star in a comedy series loosely based on his life. There is no word when the film will begin production but it will feature a soundtrack or scoring by Jean

Thanx 4 that newz!! For the most part, Wyclef's music has only gotten better with time. I can't wait 4 the next album. And i'm glad that he's taking on the mainstream with the next one. After he started avoiding the mainstream vibe...he started disappearing. It'll be good 2 see a legit emcee balancing out the crap.

What about the Fugees album tho'!?!

Wyclef's one of the best artists in hip-hop, I enjoy a lot of his work, btw the Fugees' album is still being worked on, they wanna take their time and make sure it turns out great, probably since "Be Easy" didn't create that much of a buzz either:

http://www.aolmusicnewsblog.com/2006/08/04...g-no-seriously/

Fugees Reunion Still Moving... No, Seriously

Posted Aug 4th 2006 6:54PM by Steve Baltin

Filed under: Hip-Hop, Pop

"It's moving like a turtle, but it's definitely moving," Wyclef Jean told AOL Music of the Fugees reunion album.

Getting the three members -- himself, Lauryn Hill and Pras -- on the same page is definitely proving to be a challenge, he says. "As a producer, I work very fast. I don't second-guess. 'Let's do it, put it out there.' They like to take their time and I'm like, 'Yo, let's go!'"

Fortunately, the musician-producer has many other outlets to keep him busy. In addition to his present smash with Shakira, Jean says there are plenty of other collaborations on the way. "I'm producing some Ying Yang Twins music, I got a group called Three on Three, I got a crazy record with Bounty Killer," he says. Ten or 20 more where those came from and he'll stay busy until we see the next Fugees record.