JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Fat Joe On His New Album "Me, Myself & I"

Turntable

AJ, I really respect your opinionons motsly, but you shouldnt diss Fat Joe like this conisdering your all hyped about Nitty, Nick Cannon Black Eyed Peas (These Days) and stuff like that, caus Fat Joe still would eat them up like a lil snack on his way home.

I don't like listening to the radio that much and I watch MTV rarely, most of what I do these days is look into the internet for music and just play the CDs I buy on the most part, except when somebody like LL and Busta have an album out doing real well then I'll check more often to the radio and MTV, and now internet radio stations are good too, they play real **** that the real radio don't touch on unfortunately since that's not what the kids from the suburbs want to hear, as long as the kids keep buying into the dumbed down music I don't expect much to change really so it don't really bother me as it used to 'cause I just spend time on what I like and don't give a damn about what the kids like 'cause they'll get over it gradually since that music is just trend music anyway and they'll gradually check for good music when they get older if they're still interested in hip-hop, btw if you bring down Fat Joe for selling out then you gotta bring down Black Eyed Peas, Nitty, etc. 'cause their music is much more watered down and gimmicky than Fat Joe's ever been, he has more street credability than all of them combined, you brought down Fat Joe for making lyrics that you wrote when you were six but come on now you gotta admit that "My Humps" sounds like a preschool rhyme, lol, all Fat Joe did was flip a lyric that 50 wrote anyway to diss 50 back so really it's 50 writing the six year old rhymes not Fat Joe, lol, not too many outside of kids from the suburbs'll consider Black Eyed Peas one of the best groups out now or's gonna put them up with Run-Dmc as an all time group, hip-hop heads would definately rank Fat Joe closer to KRS, LL, etc. than they'd rank Nick Cannon close to KRS, LL, etc. type of level...

Edited by bigted

I'm not sure who you're speaking to specifically. I don't rank Fat Joe or BEP anywhere near the greats. I hate "My humps". I really, really hate that song.

God Blessa!

:word: :tantrum: I absolutely cannot stand that song!I feel like pulling my hair everytime I hear it. But one of my friends told me it is a joke and is supposed to make fun of todays Pop/R&B scene but everyone misinterpreted as a sexy club banger. :rofl:

I'm not sure who you're speaking to specifically. I don't rank Fat Joe or BEP anywhere near the greats. I hate "My humps". I really, really hate that song.

God Blessa!

Well obviously you haven't been paying much attention to this thread, if you just took a minute to look you'd see I was speaking to AJ about Fat Joe's, BEP's, Nick Cannon's credability since he brought up that BEP represents real hip-hop and Fat Joe is a sellout but come on now if anyone in the 'hood's gonna own albums from any of these rappers the odds'll be that they'll own a Fat Joe album and they wouldn't laugh as hard as they'd if you told them that Fat Joe's an all time great but if you told someone in the 'hood that Nick Cannon's an all time great, they'll be like :rofl: Hip-hop is music from the streets, their opinion should matter before kids from the suburbs that's why hip-hop is as trash the way it is, it needs to become less mainstream and more of an underground genre, that's why the golden era was so great 'cause hip-hop wasn't as popular as it is now so it wasn't driven by greedy A&R's, and now I was talking to you Silver Tiger about how there's no need to trip over the wackness that's out there since it's easy to get good stuff right at your fingertips, I mean you could do it from right there on your PC, I could see if it was 20-25 years ago we could just go by what's on TV or the radio but now times have changed....

Edited by bigted

God Blessa!

:word: :tantrum: I absolutely cannot stand that song!I feel like pulling my hair everytime I hear it. But one of my friends told me it is a joke and is supposed to make fun of todays Pop/R&B scene but everyone misinterpreted as a sexy club banger. :rofl:

That not true. Have your heard Fergies solo song? That stuff is just was wack as My Humps.

God Blessa!

Well obviously you haven't been paying much attention to this thread, if you just took a minute to look you'd see I was speaking to AJ about Fat Joe's, BEP's, Nick Cannon's credability since he brought up that BEP represents real hip-hop and Fat Joe is a sellout but come on now if anyone in the 'hood's gonna own albums from any of these rappers the odds'll be that they'll own a Fat Joe album and they wouldn't laugh as hard as they'd if you told them that Fat Joe's an all time great but if you told someone in the 'hood that Nick Cannon's an all time great, they'll be like :rofl: Hip-hop is music from the streets, their opinion should matter before kids from the suburbs that's why hip-hop is as trash the way it is, it needs to become less mainstream and more of an underground genre, that's why the golden era was so great 'cause hip-hop wasn't as popular as it is now so it wasn't driven by greedy A&R's, and now I was talking to you Silver Tiger about how there's no need to trip over the wackness that's out there since it's easy to get good stuff right at your fingertips, I mean you could do it from right there on your PC, I could see if it was 20-25 years ago we could just go by what's on TV or the radio but now times have changed....

No, I was paying attention. I asked because I thought it would be weird of you to continue replying to him when he hasn't said anything in the thread for a while.

It sounds like you're saying "This rapper is less wack than this rapper." Depending on the song, I'd probably bump Joe over BEP in many cases (and vice versa). I really don't like your hood analogy because it's all a matter of personal taste. Of course the hood will favor FJ, it doesn't make him a better rapper in my eyes.

I already told you that I wasn't trippin over what people like, but there's nothing wrong with wanting something better in life.

God Blessa!

God Blessa!

yep , usually i like the singles from BEP, but i just hate that song so muchhhhh , well that's me -> :leaving:

So, I was at his show in Amsterdam yesterday. You might say he dumbed down, but when it comes in the life show thats not true. He really rocked that place! He was very energetic! He kept talking to the crowd, and he kept letting them scream things and letting them sing parts. And his Terror Squad guys kept hyping the crowd. Joe also did various accapla freestyles during the night, which where very dope. During the show Joe also asked the crowd to put theyr peac signs up and than he asked for a minute of silence for the victims of the crisis in the middle east. He also did his part of "New York" and after he did that he said, "You Know whats the deal with the New York record right? I got them sissys (G-Unit) mad.. Well, lets make them even more pissed" and than Lean Back kicked in. Everybody was doing the lil dance. He came back on stage for about 3 encores, and on the last on he said, "Look at me.. I`m a tirred, fat mother****er & I`m going home no mather what ya`ll are saying, haha". On one encore he did the wack rapper #1 diss track, and everybody was singing along to it (which was nice compared to the G-Unit hype at my school,lol). He also payed tribute to, Big L, Pun, Left Eye, Pac, Biggie, JMJ and Aaliyah. He did most of his hits and he also did some classiks. There was some nice DJ work too. Joe realy did a amazing life show, with lots of energy (And I know caus I saw The Red Hot Chilli Peppers live on stage). That heavy dude must have been dead after the show.

He also did 2 songs of the new album: The firts one was the one thats gonna be the single. It had a nice beat, but the lyrics didnt realy do it for me. I Think its suposed to be a club-track tho. The second one had a amazing beat, produced by the DJ that was doing the DJ-Ing that night too. That one also had good liyrcs.

Edited by Turntable