JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Ron Artest To Be Opening On Fat Joe Tour

bigted

Hey Turntable I know you were saying you're gonna see Fat Joe well this something else you could look forward to when you're there, lol:

http://www.eurweb.com/story/eur27601.cfm

Los Angeles -- Controversial NBA b-baller Ron Artest will be the opening performance on Fat Joe's European tour, which kicks off on July 28 in Lisbon, Portugal and travels to Germany, France, Switzerland, Netherlands, Norway and Denmark.

Artest will be performing songs from his album My World, which is slated for an October 24 release on the Lightyear Entertainment label with distribution in the United States through WEA, in Canada by Koch, in Japan by JVC and by independent distributors in Europe and elsewhere.

Artest has been performing throughout the summer at several venues across the United States.He was the opening act for Young Jeezy on several dates in May and June, and performed as part of the pre-event festivities at New York City's HOT 97's Summer Jam Festival in June.

Guest artists on My World include Mike Jones, girl group Allure, Challace, Ruc, and Braska.Artest's music has been taking both fans and critics by surprise, as all discover that he has talents outside of basketball.

Schedule of European tour:

July 28: Lisbon, Portugal. Torre de Moncorvo Carvisaic Festival

July 29: Gollhofen, Germany, Diva Palace

July 30: Paris, France, Elysee Montmartre

July 31: Zurich, Switzerland, Volkshaus

August 1: Amsterdam, Netherlands, Paradiso

August 3: Munich, Germany, Crowns Club

August 4: Braunschweig, Germany, Jolly Joker

August 5: Chemnitz, Germany, Splash Festival

August 6: Lausanne, Switzerland, Cult Club

August 7: Copenhagen, Denmark, Vega

August 8: Oslo, Norway, Rockefeller Venue

About Ron Artest:Artest has been playing professional basketball in the NBA since 1999 and his talents have brought him many accolades.He was selected to the 2005-06 NBA's All-Defensive Team, was voted by the media as 2003-04 NBA's Defensive Player of the Year, and was the only man with 271 steals in his first two seasons in the NBA, breaking Michael Jordan's record.Artest was born and raised in Queensbridge, and grew up in New York's largest public housing complex; the same neighborhood that bred rappers Nas and Mobb Deep.Artest has not forgotten his roots and goes back to Queensbridge on a regular basis to sponsor various basketball tournaments, the LaSalle High School Basketball Camp, and provides scholarships for students.He also donates to and sponsors events for the Wheelchair Charity Organization.

Artest always had a passion for music, and established his own production company, Tru Warier Records, so he could work on cultivating his talents in the music arena.His upcoming album My World, showcases a variety of themes and soundscapes and has songs everyone can relate to.Special guests on the album include Mike Jones, Allure, Challace, Braska and Ruc.The album is slated for release on October 24 on the Lightyear Entertainment label with distribution thru WEA in the United States, by Koch in Canada, by JVC in Japan, and by independent distributors in Europe and elsewhere.

Edited by bigted

I hope that Dude actauly got something...lol. Fat Joe got a dope crew behind his back, and he takes a ex NBA star with him?

Thanks for this.

I dont think he's an ex Nba star.. He plays for the Sacramento kings i think.. But I dont really like this dude.. but he got a tight flow..

Yeah Ron played on the Kings last year after being traded from the Pacers, if I'm not mistaken I think he played on Terror Squad's team in the Rucker Park streetball tournament in NY this summer so he's down wit Fat Joe...

I`t sold 600.000. That was okay. Besides that is Fat Joe a legend. Oh, and this Tour isnt a Tour that hast to do with that Album. Ths is just a Tour he does just for the hell of it. He`s gonna drop a new album in the fall of this year, so I guess he`s gonna introduce some stuff..

Besieds that.. Lean Back was TS Track and didnt had anything to do with his album.

Well if Jazzy Jeff and KRS-ONE could still do world tours even though they ain't that popular anymore,

so could Fat Joe, not all of his albums are flops either, "Don Cartegena" went platinum worldwide back in '98 and was involved in helping Big Pun go platinum around that time and I think his "Jealous One Still Envy" almost went double platinum back in 2002 then the next couple albums after that and the Terror Squad only sold around the gold range but that's still pretty good for somebody who's been in the rap game for over a decade, he spent many years rapping before he even had a major deal and when he released his first album "Represent" back in '93 he was opening up on KRS-ONE's tour, hip-hop fans are familar with Fat Joe, 50 was talkin' trash about Fat Joe on MTV about how nobody in Africa knows who Fat Joe is and Fat Joe responded by saying that he's done many shows there in front of thousands of fans and mentioned about one time when he walked down the street there an old man jumped excited out to say, "Ain't that the Lean Back guy?", lol, 50'll be lucky to be able to have any fans left and have any hits 10 years from now so he shouldn't talk **** like that when he's only been around for a few years so far...

Edited by bigted