JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

You`r Favourite Rap-Albums?

Turntable

I guess this was done before. But I cant remember it and I would like to do this. Its allways nice to see who likes which Albums the most. Maybe with a lil explenation. So get on this ya`ll. :gettinjiggywitit: I`ll start, but this is not in order:

Warren G-Regulator

I love this album. It is just soo lay back. I allways bump this in the summer. It has such smooth beats and flows. Its a classic. And we wont stop!

JJFP-Code Red

Ya`ll know why. Through the last year I totally changed my mind about this album. It is just so slick.

LL Cool J-The G.O.A.T.

Maybe my most favourite record. Some peope think he dumbed down on this one, but I love it. It`s darker than the regular LL stuff, except for the few smooth tracks. I love the guest spots too. And I think LL showed much emotions in this one.

Will Smith-Willenum

I just love this. Some of my favourite Will tracks are on this one, like "Who Am I". Great list of guest spots, and a great production.I think this is my most listened album.

Fat Joe-Don Cartagena

Fat Joe is definitly one my fav. This, I find, his probably his bets album. Raw beats and a grat guest list, inculding Pun, Cuban Link, Bone Thugs N Hamorny, Reakwon, Jadakiss, Charlie Blatimore etc.. And the fact that Joe has great skills is unquestionable.

JJFP-He`s The DJ, I`m The Rapper

Its just old school. I love the flavour of this album. Some greeat vocals and ofcourse incredible DJ skills.

LL Cool J-Mr. Smith

Also one of my favs. Just lay back. Great rhymes, great beats, great guests. What else you need?

Big Pun-Endangered Species

This album was put togeether by Fat Joe after Pun died. It includes some ofs Puns best Tracks, Collabos & guest spots. I love Big Pun. I`d almos say he`s maybe the bst Mc that past away. He dont got a legacy like Bigggie and Pac caus his style wanst as new, but he had maybe even more skills. Listen to his first album..

Wutang Clan-36 Chambers

I love this album. It`s just a classik. Till today RZA`s beats belong to the best ones I know. And its unquestionable that all the Wutang Mc`s got skills.

Beastie Boys-To The 5 Boroughs

I dont know if its theyr best one, but since its out this is the one I listen to the most. I love the production. Old school with a future flava. And some of theyr rhymes are amazing.

Coolio-Gangstas Paradise

The track "Gangstas Paradise" really doesnt represent he sound of this album. ts actualy very lay back. Summer-ish.

Rakim-The Master

Most people wont agree, but this is my fav. rakim album. I love the production on this one more than on the other ones. And his rhymes are great anway.

DMX-Great Depression

I like this one. Its very serious. DMX once again shows his emotions. Its his gift.

Ghostface-FishScale

I love Ghostface. One of my favs. And right now this is my fav Album he released. That might change tho.

Fat Joe-J.O.S.E (Jaloues One Still Envy)

Its balanced. I has street tracks and feautures on it, but it also features pop tracks like the hits "Whats Luv" with Ashanti. The balance is the reason I listen to this allot I think.

Method Man & Redman-Black Album

Ths is just hilarious.. "I take you from the briks to south Park and kill you like Kenny". And the production is great too.

GZA-Legend Of The Liquid Sword

I used to find this borring. But since my english got better I realy like it.

Ja Rule-Venni Vetti Vecci

Its raw. His first album. People wont get this, but I still love it.

Biggie-Life After Death

For about the same reason I like J.O.S.E. for.

Now there are allot more.. And it continuly changes.. But this I just what came up to me right now. Now its your turn. Thanks.

Edited by Turntable

Too hard.... these are the albums I listen all the time in this period

Common - Be...................

Will Smith - Willennium.......

Wutang Clan - Enter the Wutang...

LL Cool J - Mama said knock u out....

Erik B & Rakim - Paid in Full....

Tupac - Me against the world.....

Jay-Z - Resonable doubt

JJFP - Code Red

LL Cool J - Mr Smith

overhyped rapper #1 - The college dropout

JJ - The magnificent

Ummmm...

Jay Z - Reasonable Doubt

Jay Z - Blueprint

Too $hort - Life Is...Too Short

Tribe Called quest - Midnight Marauders

De La Soul - Stakes Is High

Souls of Mischief - 93 Till Infinity.

K.West - College DropOut

Joe Budden - Joe Budden

Jean Grae - Jeanius

Murs - 316

Murs - Murrays Revenge

Luniz - Operation Stackola

Nas - Illmatic

Scarface - The Fix

The Fugees - The Score

Wu Tang Clan - Enter The Wu

Will Smith - Willennium

Little Brother - The Minstrel Show

Timbaland & magoo - Welcome to Our World...

Jazzy Jeff - The Magnificent

Buckshot - Chemistry

Fort Minor - The Rising Tide

Off the Dome, Thats what I Got

Ummmm...

Jay Z - Reasonable Doubt

Jay Z - Blueprint

Too $hort - Life Is...Too Short

Tribe Called quest - Midnight Marauders

Souls of Mischief - 93 Till Infinity.

K.West - College DropOut

Joe Budden - Joe Budden

Jean Grae - Jeanius

Murs - 316

Murs - Murrays Revenge

Luniz - Operation Stackola

Nas - Illmatic

Scarface - The Fix

The Fugees - The Score

Wu Tang Clan - Enter The Wu

Will Smith - Willennium

Little Brother - The Minstrel Show

Timbaland & magoo - Welcome to Our World...

Jazzy Jeff - The Magnificent

Buckshot - Chemistry

Fort Minor - The Rising Tide

Off the Dome, Thats what I Got

My god.. I forgot Illmatic... sorry Nas

Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt

Wack rapper 2- Slim Shady LP :rofl:

Will Smith - Willenium

Nas - Illmatic

Nas - Stillmatic

Blackstar - Mos Def and Talib Kweli are Blackstar

LL Cool J - G.O.A.T

Jazzy Jeff- The Magnificent

JJFP - Code Red

Common- Be

Eric B & Rakim - Paid in Full

Run DMC - Raising Hell

Tupac - Me Against the world

Snoop Dogg- Doggystyle

Dr.Dre- The Chronic

There are a lot more that I listen to and love but I can't really think of them now.

Rap/Hip Hop

I avoided listing any jjfp cause everybody on this site has said why they like jjfp at least a thousand times.

Mos Def and Talib Kweli are Black Star

-Black Star

I think this album is so good and has some of my favorite songs of all time on it (Definition, Respiration). Two of the greatest mcs together make one of the greatest rap albums in my mind.

Black on Both Sides

-Mos Def

Now i love this cd and i think its a very solid album. I can listen to this cd all the way through without stopping. Every song is lyrically good and catchy as well.

Be

-Common

This is such a good cd i cant explain. The title track 'Be' is so good its the most listened to track in my itunes library. Nothing is bad about this cd. Its perfect, well maybe 'They Say' could have been better without Kanye's voice cracks.

The Gray Album

-Danger Mouse

I like this album better than the black album....a lot better. I think Jay-Z flows better on this than on his normal album. Whever i hear the black album i just go right to listening to this, if i hear the white album by the beatles i think of this cd.

St. Elsewhere

-Gnarls Barkley

Every single track on this album is magnificently sung by Cee-Loo and produced so well by Danger Mouse, who has become my favorite producer. This is the second Danger Mouse produced cd on the list. This is my most listened to all around cd thats hip hop related on my itunes. Even though its not techincally hip hop.

Blazing Arrow

-Blackalicious

This is a pretty lengthy cd with no skits, its very good. Two more favorite tracks on here "Day One" and "Make you Feel That Way." Those layed back tracks can be so relaxing and make you so happy inside (Make you feel that way). But with those layed back tracks you have you hype insane flow tracks like "Chemical Calisthenics" and "Paragraph Presidents." Chemical Calisthenics is all about chemistry and you can still listen to that track over and over. This cd very very good.

Magnificent City

-Aceyalone

My last hip hop cd on the list is Magnificent City by Aceyalone. The excellent producing by Rjd2 perfectly combines with Aceyalone to make such great songs as "All for You" and "Disconnected." Pretty much every song on this is great. The only one im not too much a fan of it "Mooore" because of its slow hook and "High Lights". High lights is about weed and i dont smoke weed so i cant really love the song as much as someone who smokes weed does. But i have been listeneing to "mooore" more and and have been looking past ithe hook and seeing that its better than i remember.

--------------------------------------------------

Rock

Alot of people on this site will overlook this part since its about rock but i suggest you look at it to expand your horizons, even though i doubt you will like any of this if you like rap alot.

Tenacious D

-Tenacioud D

Ok so this is jack black's rock band, you'd be surpised on how amazing these songs are musically. the only negative about this album is that the comedy distractes from the music on the album. Even though the comedy is very funny, i would have liked a full rock album that had no comedy in the songs or no skits, especially since half the album is skits.

First Impressions of Earth

-The Strokes

I just got this cd the other day and the music is so catchy and every song is unique and still feels like it belongs to the cd.

Shake the Sheets

-Ted Leo and the Pharmacists

Ted leo is a pop rock group. His voice goes very high and it sounds weird. But its a unique sounds, alot of people tell me that this music is gay but i dont think so cause its soo good. This is the most listened to cd in my itunes. (Every song as been listened to at least 22 times with the highest play count being at 43, the average play count for the cd is about 36). I put this cd on here instead of the other Ted Leo cds i have cause this one is the most listened to.

Silent Alarm

-Bloc Party

This band from the UK has a very solid cd, i dont know how many cds they have in the Uk but in america they have two (silent alarm and the remix cd to that). The drums are really good and a lot of the songs are really energizing, but they have alot of mellow songs as well.

Nevermind

-Nirvana

A Classic rock cd. You can't go wrong with this cd. Its a hard rock poetic album. Must pick up if you havent owned it for years already.

Stadium Arcadium

-Red Hot Chili Peppers

The new red hot chili peppers that is a double album and every song is really good, which is surprising for a double album. Theres no filler on this ablum and has lots of variety with funky upbeat songs to the really mellow songs.

Broken Boy Soldiers

-The Raconteurs

This cd is a alternative rock cd thats very gritty i guess. If thats the word, sounds like the white stripes but better in my mind. Pick it up if you like the white stripes. The band consists of Jack White, and undergrond pop rock man Brendan Benson. and two other dudes i dotn know.

Old Friends

-Simon and Garfunkel

This is a combilation of simon and garfunkel, i dont know their actually album tracklistings since i always listen to this so much. But these songs are ollld. from the 60s and 70s, mostly very mellow and very poetic, the upbeat songs are really good too.

Edited by Concept

Too many to name, like Concept I'll probably name some without mention JJFP/Big Will 'cause I mention those enough already, off the top of my head forgetting some, I'll have to go through my CD collection to find some that I really enjoy, I try to play different stuff all the time:

LL-"Mr. Smith", "Mama Said Knock You Out", "G.O.A.T.", "Radio"

DMX-"It's Dark And Hell Is Hot", "The Great Depression", "And Then There Was X"

KRS-"Return Of Da Boom Bap", "Kristyles", "I Got Next"

Nas-"God's Son"(not considered his best by many but it's a personal favorite of mine), "Illmatic", "Street's Disciple"

Public Enemy-"There's A Poison Goin' On"(again not considered the best to many but I love this one the most), "It Takes A Nation Of Millions", "Yo! Bum Rush The Show"

Rakim-"Paid In Full", "18th Letter"

Queen Latifah-"Black Reign"

2Pac-"2Pacalypse Now", "All Eyez On Me"

Heavy D and The Boyz-"Nuttin' But Love", "Peaceful Journey"

Naughty By Nature-"Poverty's Paradise", "Nineteen Naughty Nine-Nature's Fury", "iicons"

Ice Cube-"Amerikka's Most Wanted", "Lethal Injection"

Dr. Dre-"The Chronic"

Talib Kweli-"Reflection Eternal", "Beautiful Struggle"

Common-"Like Water For Chocolate", "Resurrection", "Electric Circus"(people hate on this album but it was very creative in my opinion, I like it much better than the last one produced by overhyped rapper #1, ?uestlove's production is much superior)

Run-Dmc-"Raising Hell", "Tougher Than Leather", "Down With The King"

Pete Rock and CL Smooth "Mecca And The Soul Brother"

Slick Rick-"The Great Adventures Of Slick Rick", "The Art Of Storytellin"

Outkast-"Stankonia", "Atliens"

Busta Rhymes-"ELE", "When Disaster Strikes"

Wyclef-"The Carnival", "Masquerade", "Eceleftic: Two Sides To A Book"

Fugees-"The Score"

Redman-"Dare Iz A Darkside", Method Man/Redman "The Blackout"

The Roots-"Things Fall Apart", "Illadelphalflife"

Aceyalone "All Balls Don't Bounce"

MC Hammer-"Too Legit To Quit", "Hammer Please Don't Hurt 'Em", "Funky Headhunter"(people hate 'cause it had a harder style for him but it's definately a quality album)

Fat Joe-"Represent"(this album never gets the props it deserves but it was definately one of the top albums from the mid-90s), "Don Cartegena"

Tribe Called Quest-"Low End Theory"

Salt-N-Pepa "Very Necassary"

Foxy Brown-"Ill Na Na", "Broken Silence"

Snoop Dogg-"Doggystyle", "Doggfather", "Paid The Cost To Be The Boss"

De La Soul-"Stakes Is High", "De La Soul Is Dead", "The Grind Date"

Ja Rule-"VenniVetti Vecci", "Rule 3:36"

Jay-Z-"Reasonable Doubt", "Volume 2: Hard Knock Life"

The Game "The Documentary"

Thats a dope list! I saw some in there that I didnt expect to see!

LL-"Mr. Smith", "Mama Said Knock You Out", "G.O.A.T.", "Radio"

DMX-"It's Dark And Hell Is Hot", "The Great Depression", "And Then There Was X"

KRS-"Return Of Da Boom Bap", "Kristyles", "I Got Next"

Nas-"God's Son"(not considered his best by many but it's a personal favorite of mine), "Illmatic", "Street's Disciple"

Public Enemy-"There's A Poison Goin' On"(again not considered the best to many but I love this one the most), "It Takes A Nation Of Millions", "Yo! Bum Rush The Show"

Rakim-"Paid In Full", "18th Letter"

Queen Latifah-"Black Reign"

2Pac-"2Pacalypse Now", "All Eyez On Me"

Heavy D and The Boyz-"Nuttin' But Love", "Peaceful Journey"

Naughty By Nature-"Poverty's Paradise", "Nineteen Naughty Nine-Nature's Fury", "iicons"

Ice Cube-"Amerikka's Most Wanted", "Lethal Injection"

Dr. Dre-"The Chronic"

Talib Kweli-"Reflection Eternal", "Beautiful Struggle"

Common-"Like Water For Chocolate", "Resurrection", "Electric Circus"(people hate on this album but it was very creative in my opinion, I like it much better than the last one produced by overhyped rapper #1, ?uestlove's production is much superior)

Run-Dmc-"Raising Hell", "Tougher Than Leather", "Down With The King"

Pete Rock and CL Smooth "Mecca And The Soul Brother"

Slick Rick-"The Great Adventures Of Slick Rick", "The Art Of Storytellin"

Outkast-"Stankonia", "Atliens"

Busta Rhymes-"ELE", "When Disaster Strikes"

Wyclef-"The Carnival", "Masquerade", "Eceleftic: Two Sides To A Book"

Fugees-"The Score"

Redman-"Dare Iz A Darkside", Method Man/Redman "The Blackout"

The Roots-"Things Fall Apart", "Illadelphalflife"

Aceyalone "All Balls Don't Bounce"

MC Hammer-"Too Legit To Quit", "Hammer Please Don't Hurt 'Em", "Funky Headhunter"(people hate 'cause it had a harder style for him but it's definately a quality album)

Fat Joe-"Represent"(this album never gets the props it deserves but it was definately one of the top albums from the mid-90s), "Don Cartegena"

Tribe Called Quest-"Low End Theory"

Salt-N-Pepa "Very Necassary"

Foxy Brown-"Ill Na Na", "Broken Silence"

Snoop Dogg-"Doggystyle", "Doggfather", "Paid The Cost To Be The Boss"

De La Soul-"Stakes Is High", "De La Soul Is Dead", "The Grind Date"

Ja Rule-"VenniVetti Vecci", "Rule 3:36"

Jay-Z-"Reasonable Doubt", "Volume 2: Hard Knock Life"

The Game "The Documentary"

Edited by Turntable

Well its not Rap, but is Hip-Hop

TQ - They Never Saw me Coming.

Not usually one for gangsta stuff but this is one hell of a story told very well

Here's just a few...even tho' all the albums by most of these artists are my favs...

JJ+FP - He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper

JJ+FP - Homebase

JJ+FP - Code Red

Will Smith - Willennium

TLC - OoOoOoOhhh... On The TLC Tip

TLC - CraZySeXyCOol

LL Cool J - Mr. Smith

Skee-Lo - I Wish

Ahmad - (self-titled)

Queen Latifah - Black Reign

MC Lyte - Bad As I Wanna B

Speech - Hoopla

Pete Rock + CL Smooth - The Main Ingredient

MC Hammer - Please Hammer, Don't Hurt 'Em

MC Hammer - Inside Out

2Pac - Me Against The World

Digital Underground - Future Rhythm

Run-DMC - Raising Hell

Arrested Development - Zingalamaduni

A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory

A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders

A Tribe Called Quest - Beats, Rhymes, + Life

Busta Rhymes - The Coming

Salt-N-Pepa - Very Necessary

Salt-N-Pepa - Black's Magic

AJ..I fell in love with A Tribe Called Quest's "Beats Rhymes N Life" It was pure brilliance

Heres my favoirite Hip Hop / Rap / R N B albums I own

Jay-z - The Black Album / Blueprint 2 / Reasonable Doubt

Chris Brown - Chris Brown

Ne-yo - In My Own Words

Luda - Red Light District / Chicken N Beer / Back 4 The 1st Time

Usher - Confessions / My Way /

WS - Willenuim / BWS / Born 2 Reign / Lost And Found

R Kelly - Greatest Hits 2 CD

Fat Joe - J.O.S.E

The Game - Documentary

Dr Dre - 2001 / Chronic

Ice Cube - Laugh Now Cry Later / Greatist Hits

Ja Rule - Pain Is Love / Blood In My Eye / R.U.L.E

Obie Trice - Cheers

wack rapper #2 - Slim Shady / Marshall Mathers / wack rapper #2 Show / Encore

That's all i can think of right now :lolsign: i got about 20 left.

Well there's a lot of great lists here, some of those CDs y'all mentioned I might look into myself, great topic to start... Lately I've been working on building up my album catalogue a bit more, I always try to browse around for good prices to buy albums but the most convient way for me to buy music at a good value is to get it at bmgmusicservice.com, they got a lot of clearance values all the time, if anyone's interested in joining that music club send me a pm and I could get free CDs for helping you join the club and you'll get free CDs for joining theclub, lol... Anyways I think this is great to be talking about what we like instead of what we don't like...Here's a handful of compilation/soundtrack albums that I like a lot:

Grandmaster Flash And The Furious Five, SugarHill Gang "The Showdown"

Krush Groove Soundtrack

Juice Soundtrack

Do The Right Thing Soundtrack

Nutty Professor Soundtrack

Men In Black Soundtrack

Wild Wild West Soundtrack

Any Given Sunday Soundtrack

Friday Soundtrack

Next Friday Soundtrack

Friday After Next Soundtrack

Bad Boys Soundtrack, I didn't like Bad Boys II soundtrack that much except for a couple songs

Profilin' The Hits

Jazzy Jeff "The Magnificent"

Ruff Ryders "Ryde Or Die Volume One"/"Ryde Or Die Volume 2"

Funkmaster Flex and Big Kapp "The Tunnel"

DJ Clue "The Professional Pt. One"/"The Professional Pt. Two"

DJ Kay Slay "Streetsweeper Volume One", I don't like Volume Two that much but that LL track "The Truth" alone made it worth the purchase

Hip-Hop Essentials(I found this in a clearance bin a couple months ago at a music store fpr $6, it even has JJFP's "Parents Don't Understand" on here along with a lot of other tracks from the golden era from the late '80s to mid '90s)

And a few other albums that I like a lot but forgot to mention yesterday:

Chuck D "Autobiography Of Mistachuck"(another slept on dope album from the mid-90s)

BB Jay "Universal Concussion"(gospel rap at it's finest)

Big Pun- "Capital Punishment", "Yeah Baby"(shows all the potential he had for being on top of the rap game for many years to come, sucka mcs like wack rapper #1 and wack rapper #2 wouldn't be eating so well if he were still alive)

Edited by bigted