JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

End of the World?

Guest Da Triptic

Welcome back to the 80's... and 70's.... and 60's....etc etc. Folks have been saying this stuff for years and they're sorta right and sorta wrong. They're right in that humanity is frequently on the path of self destruction, but they're wrong because they discount human ingenuity, intelligence, passion, and compassion. People like Doc Hawking need to be saying what they're saying because it helps encite people to act to get us off our current collision course with extinction. But then again, we always manage to get off that course anyway.

If you're really worried about it, do something about it. Become a scientist and fix some problem. Become a teacher and educate a flock of scientists so that they can fix many problems. Become a politician so you can pass laws requiring most of the problems get fixed. Become a business person and hire all of the scientists to fix all of the problems.

The trick is, is not to think about it. i drive myself crazy if i do.

I remmember when we had this thing in high school where everyone said it was the end of the world at this certain time. We were all so scared in that maths lesson lol. All that happened was some girl said "boom".

hahahaha, I remember that Julie... nobody said boom in my class though! :lol: