JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

BUSTA RHYMES -THE BIG BANG

this album starts out with a taste of what the album is gonna be like with some above average tracks. then starting at track 5 all the way to 9, the album is straight fire perfect. then you get to a rough spot with 2 songs back to back that i hate which is unfortunate. then a couple of filler tracks, but the last 2 tracks end it on a strong note. overall this album is dope and Dre is solid on the production. definitely the best album i've bought this year (but how many mainstream new releases have i bought? haha). i havent gotten cubes album yet so i cant compare it to that, but i will soon. overall this album is an 8/10 and below is my track by track review

Get You Some - im likin the beat and i'm likin Busta's flow on this one. good opening track. the theme of the song and the chorus arent what i was looking for tho, so that takes somethin off. 4/5

Touch It - great club track, good agressiveness, just not my type of ideal track 4/5

How We Do It Over Here - good upbeat beat, Missy is ok on this and so is Busta 3.5/5

New York S*** - i dont get the hype about this at all. DJ Scratch throws on a nice beat, but im not feelin the new york stuff at all. busta and swizz beats were both pretty weak on this track. 3/5

Been Through the Storm - stevie wonder nails it, Busta spits some rhymes from the heart that mean something. thats exactly what im looking for. 5/5

In The Ghetto - Rick James is good and Busta does a nice job 4.5/5

Cocaina - typical Dre beat with the piano, i like it for the most part. Busta flows correct on this. 5/5

You Can't Hold the Torch - good track about how the game is today and Busta & Q-Tip diss todays rap. beat is average at best. 4/5

Goldmine - "of course Dre comes with his piano beat, this beat is like the same as on Cocaina" is what i first said, but its produced by Eric Sermon. sounds like a Dre beat tho and sounds like Cocaina. however Busta and Raekwon both rip it which makes it a track worth listening to. 4.5/5

I Love My B**** - what can i say? i absolutely hate Kelis and this track pretty much stinks. theres nothing good about it, no good message. im not a big BEP fan, but i have nothing against will.i.am, but he didnt do anything great. i hardly even listen to this song, but i already cant take anymore, sorry 1/5

Don't Get Carried Away - oh no! this song sounds like a G-Unit track! as soon as the beat kicks in, it sounds like G-Unit. as soon as Busta starts singin his chorus like 50 does in some of his tracks and starts mentioning Flipmode, u can tell this track stinks and is G-Unit material. Nas does nothing with his verse either. ouch! 2 bad tracks in a row. 2/5

They're Out To Get Me - average beat, above average lyrics, not too bad. 3.5/5

Get Down - i dont know if this is african or latin flava but it shouldnt be done again haha. 2.5/5

I'll Do It All - nice track about relationships. i dont know what this beat samples, but Xzibit had like the exact same beat on his last album with the exact same message. interesting, Latoya Williams is a nice addition 4/5

Legend of the Fall Outs - a deep track, not much of a beat. not feelin the spoken work style. the message is the most important part tho so 3.5/5