JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Former Member Of Leaders Of New School Dinco Disses Busta Rhymes

bigted

Former Leaders Of The New School Member Dinco Disses Busta Rhymes

By Nolan Strong

Date: 4/4/2006 3:45 pm

Former Leaders of the New School member Dinco has recorded a diss track directed at fellow ex-member Busta Rhymes in a new song titled "F**k Touch It."

Dinco, who raps over the instrumental to Busta Rhymes' hit single "Touch It," said he recorded the single in response to comments Rhymes made on a DJ Clue mixtape.

"I heard it on a Clue mixtape where [busta] called us a bunch of b***hes," Dinco told AllHipHop.com. "He said some real foul s**t, saying my crew's acting like a bunch of b***hes. And Brown's mother s***ted him out. And following conversations, he's just been mad disrespectful to me."

Leaders of the New School was a pioneering group that released two critically acclaimed albums, Future Without A Past (1991) and T.I.M.E. (1993) via Elektra Records before calling it quits in 1994.

Dinco D. was a member of the group along with Busta Rhymes, Charlie Brown and Cut Monitor Milo. The trio is also featured on A Tribe Called Quest's 1992 party anthem "The Scenario."

After the group disbanded, Rhymes struck out on his own and appeared on several high profile singles, including the remix to Craig Mack's breakthrough Bad Boy single "Flava In Ya Ear."

Rhymes inked a deal with Elektra in 1995 and a year later dropped the classic single "Whoo Haa," taken from his 1996nalbum The Coming.

Leaders of the New School recorded a reunion song on Busta Rhymes' 1996 disc The Coming titled "Keep It Movin," which featured Rampage The Last Boy Scout, Dinco, Charlie Brown and Cut Monitor Milo. Since then, Dinco has continued producing and now resides in Atlanta.

Another recent incident between Rhymes and Dinco led to Dinco penning the lyrics: "I zoomed in on and focused on the chain closer/The S from the leaders musta got pushed over/And landed on his chest/Soupened him up, Superman being too much/Now he's in a bunch/No longer the original man/More like Peter the Pan/Now go skip along, your interviews are so bland."

Dinco was referring to a new diamond studded chain Busta Rhymes has been wearing that incorporates the Leaders of the New School's logo and the words "leader of the new school" in diamonds.

"I was joking with the dude and I was like can I get a Leaders of the New School chain?'" Dinco said. "He was like 'yo those cost a lot of money, I don't know if you can afford it.' I was like 'You a funny dude.' He took that out of context, like 'what do you mean I'm a funny dude?' I was laughing with him. He wasn't trying to hear it.'"

When asked if he was trying to exploit Rhymes' recent media attention, Dinco replied: "I don't know what they [fans] gonna take it as, but they [fans] gonna get it."

Dinco's new album The Black Pirate King James-Tha Los' Leader Album is available in Apple's iTunes Music Store.

The rapper is also currently working on an album due this spring. For more information visit: http://www.myspace.com/dinco

Representatives for Busta Rhymes refused to comment on Dinco's song

Man, Leaders of The New School waz one of the greatest early 90's groups. I loved them. I was always hoping they'd get back 2gether. When Busta kept going after that extra attention, the group started falling apart. I makes me really annoyed that they can't even be cool. I didn't pay 2 much attention 2 Dinco and Milo...but Charlie Brown is one of the greatest emcees. I know he waz working on solo stuff but i never saw it in stores. I'll have 2 check out Dinco's page on myspace.