JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Rev. Run Talks 'Words Of Wisdom', New Projects

bigted

Rev. Run Talks 'Words of Wisdom,' New Projects

By Chris Richburg

Date: 3/28/2006 1:09 pm

Rev. Run's new book Rev. Run's Words of Wisdom has arrived in stores. Published by Harpers Collins, the book was inspired by the motivational message the Run-DMC member offers friends and viewers of his hit MTV show Run's House.

The first 5,000 people to purchase the book will be added to Rev. Run's personal e-mail list.

"More people wanted the words of wisdom because of the television show. So I said 'I can't reach everyone,' so I put out a book," the minister/rapper said. "Harper Collins wanted to do a book on Rev. Run's words of wisdom, so here we are."

Rev. Run first entered the literary world with It's Like That: A Spiritual Memoir. He hopes readers will gather "hope, strength, courage and a deeper prayer life" from reading the new book.

Run also revealed that Words of Wisdom is an extension of his ministry, stating, "It's really what I use. What I'm doing when I'm writing these words of wisdom, is you guys are hearing me think out loud. So whatever I'm going through, that night, that morning, all around those moments and however I get though it, again, I just give it out. So yes, it's my ministry. It's me preaching to you. And you get a word. For some people this is the only church they'll ever get."

In addition to promoting his new book, Rev. Run is currently filming the second season of Run's House.

"The new season will be similar to last season," said Rev. Run, who added the show will feature "situations going on in my home, with a point" as well as showing him as a father, rapper and priest.

"I think the show is sort of a self-help show. Like you buy self-help books, this is a self-help show," he said. "It shows a man raising his family. I mean, it's funny. It's going to be funny of course but Run-DMC always snuck a message to you. There was always a message, but you still get the street feeling. That's my job, to get you a message but then at the same time, not throw a sermon down your throat."

Rev. Run also recently hooked up with Jeanne Ashe, wife of the late Arthur Ashe for a new Arthur Ashe sneaker. The shoe, which was created by Run Athletics, is currently in stores along with the new Legacy sneaker.

On a musical note, the remix for Run's current single "I Used to Think I was Run" will hit airwaves in the coming weeks. The Jermaine Dupri-produced track features Dupri and Da Brat.

Rev. Run's Words of Wisdom is in stores now. The second season of Run's House premieres in June on MTV.

Ahhh!! Thanx 4 this. I've been kinda following the new book, but i didn't know it waz out. Run is all over the place. It's good seeing a pioneer out there still doing this thing and helping balance out the crap people associate with the word "Rap" and "Hip-Hop."

I can't wait 2 hear this remix...i'm totally hyped. I like Run's album, but i really want some more contemporary stuff. JD's work with Run-DMC waz always good....so i'll be checkin' 4 this remix. It's time 2 push the album further.