JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Reviews think Will Smith has Nursery Rhyme Beats

We're starting to sound like our parents by saying that the older music is the best, but it's true :kekeke: Basically it seems that all the lyrics and all the beats on the radio are generic sounding and people love it, all the videos have the same cars, it looks like the same hoes in the videos too, there's nothing great about them, people are robots and call anything that sounds different wack like Will says

They are. Trucks with rims. Check. Throwback jerseys. Check. Champagne bottles. Check. Lots of models. Music is becoming formulaic now, and this is why so much of it is similar. Rappers are just saying the same things with different lyrics, but with the same video girls and the same rented cars and mansions. They make life out to be a party in which you can't have fun without the things listed above.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i definetely want to hear some more of your production Vipa, and yeah it is a shame we have to look to the past, when if there were more rappers like will & LL..we could look to the future potential of rapstars, however with groups like D4L & Pretty ricky out these days its hard to look into the future and and actually find potential these days

Edited by Jazzy Jazzy Jeff

Hip-hop is more like hip-pop now 'cause it's packaged and formulated for the teeny boppers to love it

I would like to see Will on some beats from the Neptunes and Swizz Beats some day, I love the production from the both of them.

Ya`ll can say it was better back in the day, but was it really? The good artists like Public Enemy, LL Cool J, JJFP, KRS-One, Beastie Boys etc, yeah they had sucess. But it was nothing against for example Vanilla Ice, MC Hammer, House Of Pain etc. Thats exactly how`s it going now, fat Joe, Cassidy, Talib Kweli arent bad and they dont do that bad. But they dont do like 50 etc.

You gotta look at it this way, Vanilla Ice did better than LL Cool J & Will etc back in the day, but LL Cool J & Will etc are still around caus they make quality music. Thats the same now, Fat Joe, Talib Kweli etc. dont sell as much as 50 now, but they might still sell records in 15 years when 50 will be forgotten.

You could say "Yeah but De La etc did better than Talb doe`s now". True, but Hammer and Vanilla also did much better than 50`s does now. You can blame Internet for that, with the illegal downloading..

Edited by Turntable

Yeah a lot of the chart rappers come and go and only the quality artists stand the test of time, you can't really see anybody who's selling millions being around 10-15 years from now, probably not even next year, it's a revolving door where record labels sign them one year then drop them the next for a new act, hopefully some new innovative artists could get a chance soon though, like I hope somebody like Kel Spencer gets a nice deal and shakes up the industry, but the way it usually is though is that you have to search what's not getting airplay if you want some good music, I feel your point it was always sorta like that but you used to able to listen to the radio and find some good songs in between but it's at the point now where they play the same annoying song all day and nothing else, like you hear Franchise Boys, G Unit, and DFL with nothing else when you turn on the radio, I never hear Talib Kweli but at least back in the day you had Vanilla Ice on the radio but you also had Tribe Called Quest on the radio...

Edited by bigted

I would like to see Will on some beats from the Neptunes and Swizz Beats some day, I love the production from the both of them.

I would definitely like to see that. Probably something from Kanye too. It would be hot if he did something on the soundtrack for Pursuit or for Tonight He Comes.

I would definitely like to see that. Probably something from Kanye too. It would be hot if he did something on the soundtrack for Pursuit or for Tonight He Comes.

ya it'd be dope cuz he could make a track that reflects chasing his dreams to become a better rapper (inuendo, pursuit of happieness)

yeah its alright i guess, but we don't get all the good shows that the U.S does and if we do its like a month later..but to turntable at least when the radios on over there you don't get to hear 50 and its good music...

Edited by The Definition